Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fingering query  (Read 1208 times)

BJG

• Regular debater
    • Magicfolk
Fingering query
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:50:25 PM »

I'm trying to learn a simple version of "The Origin of the World" as played here by Andy Cutting, and I'm a bit stuck on the descending patterns at 1.20.

https://youtu.be/78Nex0PCjPc?t=81

For instance, with that second pattern at 1.23, descending F-D-Bb-F-D-Bb, I find that the right-hand fingering 5-4-2-5-4-2 fits neatly on the keyboard, but I'm not used to that kind of octave postion change. Using 5-4-2-4-3-2 seems to make it easier to find the notes, though it seems like a kind of illogical stretch. Or maybe I'm missing something here and the fingering is completely different. Any thoughts...?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:00:21 PM by BJG »

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: Fingering query
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:20:52 PM »

This fingering by Paul Young seems sensible. I take it you are a thumb on the edge player? Because the thumb allows a pivot, for the little jump - something my piano teacher 40 years ago called an elan. It can be surprisingly reliable.
Good luck. I suspect I'm a few years away from being ready to play it myself.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
Re: Fingering query
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 11:29:47 PM »

Be careful if you google the song title. Just saying.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal