Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: C. T. Menze, A. Engelmann, H. Engelmann, and other St. Louis accordion makers  (Read 9215 times)

Psuggmog Volbenz

• Respected Sage
    • musical whimsy

Hello Doug, welcome to Melnet. It good to know where this box ended up. I had hoped it would be my home. Thanks for sharing. I hope you will share a sound file of this instrument being played. I am wondering what key this in tuned to?
I'm squeezin' and they're wheezin': old junker boxes

Doug Eisemann

Hello Doug, welcome to Melnet. It good to know where this box ended up. I had hoped it would be my home. Thanks for sharing. I hope you will share a sound file of this instrument being played. I am wondering what key this in tuned to?

Thank you very much!   I am not sure if it is quite in good enough condition for a sound demonstration at the moment, but perhaps I should make a recording in it's current state just for posterity and share it.   Many notes are only sounding on one voice or the other and some are terribly out of tune.   Still might be worth a shot however to see what people think.

Best Regards,
Doug

triskel

... anybody can check the U.S. Census online... (Though I'd have to upgrade my present Ancestry subscription to do so again. :-\)

So having paid for some units to temporarily upgrade my subscription for something else, I thought I'd use up what was left of them on Mueller.

His first name was Otto and it turns out that (like H. Engelmann) he too was from Prussia, born on 11th January 1836 and immigrated in 1872. On the 1880 Census his house address was 1251, South Third Street, St. Louis, and he gave his occupation as Music Instrument Maker, whilst in 1900 he was at 504, South Fourth Street, occupation Instrument Mnfr. He'd been married to Antonia Mueller since 1864.

He died on 2nd March 1907 and is buried in Gatewood Gardens Cemetery.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal