Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We Wish You A Merry Christmas  (Read 1147 times)

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
« on: November 28, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »

It was suggested to me that this tune (like Happy Birthday) was not quite as straightforward as it seems.
Judge for yourself!  Sheet music is attached.

Full blog including tutorial:-
https://youtu.be/jGVhCIJRubM

Performance only:-
https://youtu.be/RzAigeHlIPU

I figured this out and then immediately did this blog so it's fairly rough.  You'll get the idea though I'm sure!

Cheers

Les
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:52:20 PM by Daddy Long Les »
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

Martin P

• Respected Sage
Re: We Wish You A Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 10:37:07 PM »

Well done, great video in short time. I too have had low A (pull) retuned to C and it is really useful. Don’t think I ever used it for low A. I shall work on improving basses from straight um-pah to something more melodic. Perhaps give it the Cutting treatment and play the tune more legato using cross-row fingering.

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
Re: We Wish You A Merry Christmas
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 11:51:48 PM »

Well done, great video in short time. I too have had low A (pull) retuned to C and it is really useful. Don’t think I ever used it for low A. I shall work on improving basses from straight um-pah to something more melodic. Perhaps give it the Cutting treatment and play the tune more legato using cross-row fingering.

Thank you Martin.  I enjoyed the challenge.  I don't think I've ever worked a tune out and blogged it that quickly!!  Please let me know if you come up with your new treatment of this.

All the best

Les
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal