Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: FBE?  (Read 5390 times)

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
Re: FBE?
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 08:06:13 PM »

yup, this reed plates have the circles like Os on top. but I can't tell what they meant by that. :D
I thought that meant it's really old that's all they had back then.

the blocks have no other markings I do see some pencil numbers but it almost looks like the number they use as reference for gluing the box.

as I said I do see the ( this one i cant tell almost looked like an F for common sense) s B and the E. finding this thread I realized it might be an H just because the H was super huge and on the paint rather than indented in the wood board.

thanks for your time..
Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

pgroff

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »

yup, this reed plates have the circles like Os on top. but I can't tell what they meant by that. :D
I thought that meant it's really old that's all they had back then.

the blocks have no other markings I do see some pencil numbers but it almost looks like the number they use as reference for gluing the box.

as I said I do see the ( this one i cant tell almost looked like an F for common sense) s B and the E. finding this thread I realized it might be an H just because the H was super huge and on the paint rather than indented in the wood board.

thanks for your time..

The circle stamps may mean the reeds were made by Dix. Dix reeds do show up in some of the prewar Hohner accordions - especially the ones in F#BE.

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 09:13:19 PM »

I will take some pics of the inside soon when I open it up (it's a paint to open those up lol) but i just blew a Gusset i'm sure they're all gonna go soon they're dried up. but all is pointing to the same assumption I had it's F# also no accidentals the lower buttons are lower notes rather than accidentals which I found weird. not sure if that's just the flat they went the accidentals just sound as lower notes.

thanks for all the info.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »

my efforts to take photo of letters Fis H E on my pre-Corona were not successfully.
Not possible to recognize letters on photos.
BTW reeds with stamp O inside pre-Corona, and in few other old instruments from another makers too, i like them.
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »

my efforts to take photo of letters Fis H E on my pre-Corona were not successfully.
Not possible to recognize letters on photos.
BTW reeds with stamp O inside pre-Corona, and in few other old instruments from another makers too, i like them.

I had no problem reading out my pre pre coronas they are stamped on the reed blocks C c# , ADG, CFB, GCF
but this mofo only thing I can read is the B and E ;D

I'm sure with the tuning app i'd be able to tell what it is .. i just found the FBbEb fingering from hohner in PDF format.

trying to attach it here did not work so here's the link for the curious? (it's not the f#) i was hoping to find.

https://maestromartincom.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/hohner-fingeringcharts_diatonic-keyboard-fbbeb-31-buttons.pdf

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2017, 12:04:16 AM »

Both - F#/B/E and F/Bb/Eb exist, usualy the same layout, only 1/2 tone higher [lower]
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2017, 04:26:35 AM »

Both - F#/B/E and F/Bb/Eb exist, usualy the same layout, only 1/2 tone higher [lower]
Thank you ! Gold mine of knowledge here appreciate it.

forrest

• Other Places::
  • digits still functioning
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2017, 09:17:42 PM »

Here's the stamp on my Hohner (which was, BTW, pitched at A432Hz):
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:23:00 PM by forrest »

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2017, 01:29:04 AM »

Awesome shot... I may have to get some super bright lights on it  :D but I think I am looking at Fis B E from my end on mine.]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal