Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wristbands  (Read 1206 times)

KLR

Wristbands
« on: December 25, 2017, 11:49:43 PM »

Merry Christmas all!

The other day it occurred to me to try out wearing a wristband on my left wrist to keep the arm in contact with the case of my B/C/C#, and, indeed, it gave me a bit of extra power/control.  This might come in handy for those who play big boxes, or smaller ones with lots of voices.

For a wristband I actually used just a sock with its toe cut out.  I tried a friend's B/C which he uses a long strap with and it's an easy box to play in the first place and my wrist was in full contact anyway so this might not be a big deal for those who play with the box out on the knee.  Mine are almost all held close to my chest, and I can contort my arm a bit to keep it in touch with the case but a wristband does this for me.  I've practiced for hours on end without any discomfort.

I've read how many here wear wristbands to keep themselves from carving their skin up on Pokerwork cases, too.

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
Re: Wristbands
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 07:25:57 AM »

Wristbands for tennis players are quite a common solution too. The other 'life hack' you see done sometimes is for people using a PA to mount the bass microphone on a wristband, and play the treble into a microphone on a stand - you can then swap melodeons as often as you like with no need to change the microphone...

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »

Did you always want to play in a band?

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

KLR

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 01:48:43 PM »

I read "PA" as "piano accordion" and was all ready with "BURN THE WITCH!" et all...Interesting, putting a mic on one.

Do you mean that tennis wristbands are commonly used for the reason I'm describing?

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 07:45:25 PM »

Yep, tennis wristbands are quite commonly used especially by pokerwork players :-) I think it was Saul Rose who popularised sticking a bass mic on one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal