Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Morino N - Club Box  (Read 5990 times)

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
Re: Hohner Morino N - Club Box
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 12:25:25 AM »

Ivor was Hohner trained.  He can retune to your requirements and can, from memory, retune to the original sound for that model.  He has done work on several boxes for me and I always found him to be very reasonable when it came to pricing.

He once made me wait whilst his chosen springs arrived from Switzerland.  I swear they were gold plated!  He said they were the correct ones for the box.  Got a call as soon as they were fitted and the box ready for collection.

Rob.

Willh

• Regular debater
  • Hohner Club IIIM C/F, Hohner Club Morino N
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 08:40:24 AM »

Ivor said he can't tell me what it'll cost because he doesn't know how long he'll need to retune it/put things right. As stated, I'll be going over on Friday so he can show me what needs to be done.

I have not doubts about Ivor's work or honesty. I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea of what it would cost to put things right so I can make some budgeting decisions.
Will

Sebastian

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 09:51:08 AM »

less than £200
You read what Theo wrote, and it's true. But I would not be surprised, if in fine it would be substantially more than 200.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 10:07:02 AM »

Some jobs are straightforward and I can give a fixed price in advance. Other jobs, like this, are unpredictable and I don’t know how long it would take till I’ve finished the work.  If pressed for a price in this situation I can only give a worst case price.  If you asked me to do a straightforward tuning of all the reeds in your Morino I would quote well over £200,  when you are trying to recover from the effects of previous poor repairs then it’s anybodys guess.  It’s a big box with a bit over 200 reeds, including a piccolo set which are always a pain to turn.  If Ivor can do the job for £200 I think he will have done you a big favour
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Willh

• Regular debater
  • Hohner Club IIIM C/F, Hohner Club Morino N
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 10:37:02 AM »

Great. Thanks. That was all I was looking for.

Much appreciated.

Will
Will
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal