Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick three row question...  (Read 1368 times)

Matthew

Quick three row question...
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:54:24 PM »

Hello! Just a silly question here on tuning: is a GCF melodeon basically just a GC (ie French style) with an added F row? Or is it a German CF with an added G row?!

Same for ADG... is it a Morris box with an added low A row?

Confused - and thanks for replies as always  (:)

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!
Re: Quick three row question...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:15:25 PM »

Probably best to compare the layouts here on the forum, go to the Home page and download them for comparison ;)
Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:47:41 PM »

GCF is like CF (f is close to bellows) with added G. And ADG is like DG with added low A
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

Matthew

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »

Brilliant, just the info I needed. Cheers!  (:)

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 10:16:37 PM »

I think? I've heard people here say it's like GC and CF two boxes linked together, probably more to it.
Or AD and DG linked together.
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 11:03:04 PM »

simile, but not exactly.
CF on GCF is like CD melodeon; but C row is a little different like F, so GC is simile to GC melodeon, but with some differencies
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

melodeon

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »

Look at the bass button layout for the GCF and the ADG and you will see they favor C/F and D/G respectively.

Grape Ape

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 02:39:16 AM »

I’ve been meaning to start a thread about this very topic called GCF dilemna.  The GC layout is compromised in favor of the CF layout.  Basically you have an exact CF layout with all the basses, and GC has all of the basses EXCEPT the rather vital F bass/chord on the pull.  The F on the push is there because the CF layout has it.  It is a layout I both love and am frustrated by as will be discussed in another thread.

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 12:28:50 AM »

I must say my GC is a three voice and it is lower than the GCF two voice.
Ii think I saw or heard bellingerbuttons say that the GC is normally the lowest box of all them.
Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 03:33:20 PM »

Grape Ace, I agree that a GCF  not like a GC because it lacks a pulled F maj bass/chord. But that’s also because the F row gives all the reversals on push(press) lacked by a GC box.

It’s true then that the tablature for GC boxes cannot be followed exactly, and the GCF player needs to work out ways to play across all three rows to play the GC repertoire with pressed instead of pulled F chords. So it’s not the “equivalent” of a GC box and a CF added together, but it is capable
Of playing anything either of those boxes can play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal