Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sore left shoulder  (Read 1125 times)

Peter Morris

Sore left shoulder
« on: January 16, 2018, 11:29:03 PM »

In case anyone else has the same problem, for about 12 months I had a painful left shoulder, it rules out playing anything heavier than the Clovis (beautiful box) and even that for short bursts only. Anyway, after an xray it was found I had calcium deposits on the shoulder tendon, just had the op today and expecting a long recovery before playing again, but lo and behold one exercise is to move the left arm in and out sideways from the elbow having the elbow tucked into the hip, I think I can adapt to play the melodeon whilst doing my recovery exercises!!! with the added bonus of no shoulder pain.

Grape Ape

Re: Sore left shoulder
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:36:23 AM »

Melodeon playing AS a therapy! Now there's a new one.  Usually it is the cause for therapy- both for the listeners and of course for those who suffer MADness...

On a serious note- that is something great- here's to a speedy recovery!

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »

Can I get a Clovis on the NHS then?

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:57:39 PM »

Can I get a Clovis on the NHS then?

It’s what you call expensive alternative medicine.  It goes in and out of fashion with the medical establishment.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »

I tried to add "new, lighter melodeon" to the insurance claim after a careless driver knocked me off motor bike breaking most of my left shoulder bones, and 7 ribs. Barrister said I'd have to whistle to get that through.

Later on, playing box with my healed left arm was excellent physio 😀  MY right clavicle remains dislocated and is now great for hooking the strap onto!  So stick in there. It should come good

Recommend ALL melodeonistas keep their shoulders fit with a little simple exercise. Start with a book in each hand and progress to small weights. Just do simple lifts and circles.  Cheap 1kg dumbells suffice to keep the muscles sound and protect the joint, which is anatomically "weak". If that hurts already, see your GP.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:15:11 PM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal