Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marceau Millet Lagrange workshops and bal  (Read 1273 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Marceau Millet Lagrange workshops and bal
« on: January 20, 2018, 04:00:48 PM »

On 3 March, a brilliant French band from the Morvan will be coming to Hebden Bridge for an event under the umbrella of Les Panards Dansants that is over and above our usual programme. The musicians are Pierre Marceau (a superb diatonic accordionist, who is a former student of Christian Maes and has played and recorded with La P'tite Moisson and Les Cailloux), Quentin Millet (an excellent bagpiper, who also plays with Les Cailloux) and Sébastien Lagrange (a very talented chromatic accordionist, who is well known in French traditional music circles, having played and recorded with Christian Maes, Gael Rutkowski and Thierry Bruneau, amongst others).

They will teach a workshop of tunes from Morvan from 1.30 to 3.00 pm and a workshop of dances from Morvan from 3.30 until 5.00 pm. There will be a pub session with Marceau Millet Lagrange from 5.00 until 7.00 and a bal from 7.30 to 10.00 at which Marceau Millet Lagrange and Les Panards Dansants will take it in turns to provide the music. This exciting event (which doubles as my 70th birthday party!) will take place in Hebden Bridge Methodist Hall. Tickets for both the workshops are £2.00 and tickets for the bal are £5.00 and are available by e-mailing me: bob@bpellis.idps.co.uk
Flyers with further details can also be obtained by e-mailing me. There are also details on the Panards website: http://www.frenchdanceleeds.co.uk/

It would be great to see some melnetters there, so come if you can.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Re: Marceau Millet Lagrange workshops and bal
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 04:01:36 PM »

Sounds good Bob. I'll see what I can do!
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Marceau Millet Lagrange workshops and bal
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 10:55:06 AM »

Final reminder: despite the bad weather, Pierre Marceau, Quentin Millet and Sébastien Lagrange, three brilliant musicians from Morvan are still coming to Hebden Bridge on Saturday, where they will be teaching music and dance workshops from 1.30 pm at the Methodist Church Hall and a bal in the evening at the same venue. Tickets for the workshops are £2 per workshop and for the bal are £5 - a total of £9 for the entire afternoon and evening. Tickets can be ordered from me in advance or bought on the door. This is a fantastic opportunity to listen to and play with some of the best musicians playing in Morvan these days. All this and an opportunity to partake in my 70th birthday celebrations - what's not to like?
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal