News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABC  (Read 4854 times)

Maggie

• Regular debater
Re: ABC
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 07:04:50 PM »

(If you've not found it click on the little wheel in the corner of a YouTube video and click on the speed you want)

I tried clicking the wheel, but it only allowed changes to quality.  Am I clicking in the wrong place?  Would love to be able to slow down some YouTube videos

Maggie :|||:
Saltarelle l'elfique 19+2 in G/C - and a wee Hohner Lilliput in D/G

La Creuse, France - the land of calm and of brillant traditional music 🎶

syale

• The Terrier
  • When will this MADness stop?
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 07:15:18 PM »

Look for the little gear icon in the bottom right and left click it, you will see the options there. It might have HD written on it for High Definition videos.

Stephen
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:19:23 PM by syale »
HA114 C/G/A/D, 2915 G/C. Liliput, Club IIB C/F Dino Baffetti Modell 22 B Twitter: @syale

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 07:22:59 PM »

(If you've not found it click on the little wheel in the corner of a YouTube video and click on the speed you want)

I tried clicking the wheel, but it only allowed changes to quality.  Am I clicking in the wrong place?  Would love to be able to slow down some YouTube videos

I get three options. The middle one is speed. The slowed down quality is fairly indifferent, though. Definitely better if I capture an MP3 sound file off the video, using that great free app, Ummy Video, then play it back using your DAW of choice.

Edit to add:  I used this download without any complications.

https://videodownloader.ummy.net/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:25:32 PM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 07:37:54 PM »

Ah, now that's what I use Audacity for.
I tell Audacity to record the sound from the video by choosing it as 'source', convert it to an MP3 and save it.
I open up iTunes and import it, like any other tune.
I go to my ipad, open Amazing slowdowner, tell it to open the tune and then as said, can slow it, change key etc.
This is my process from listening to a YouTube video through to learning it in Amazing slowdowner.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 07:44:47 PM »

...I tell Audacity to record the sound from the video by choosing it as 'source', convert it to an MP3 and save it.
I open up iTunes and import it, like any other tune...
Q

I used to use a DAW to record (Reaper, not Audacity, functionally quite similar) but I find Ummy Video easier and quicker for Youtube, because you don't have to download in real time. Also, you have the option of recording the video  as well, if you want. It's a useful little program. VSDC video capture is another great free option. I love open source software.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

tirpous

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 07:57:23 PM »

Seems to me that at some point in the past I had to go to Google Chrome to get the speed options (that were not showing in Internet Explorer).  Maybe your problem is similar ?

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 08:13:15 PM »

Yes, I had the same problem when using Internet Explorer and had to use chrome to get to use the said feature on my older system (computer) it works now on my new IMac with OS Sierra using Explorer.
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

Maggie

• Regular debater
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 09:28:46 PM »

Thanks for all the help.  I couldn’t get the three dots to bring up the menu, so I downloaded the YouTube app and it works fine now.  The quality does drop a bit but as long as I get to know a tune by ear first, it should help me to learn how to play it - otherwise it is back to Audacity!

Maggie  :|||:
Saltarelle l'elfique 19+2 in G/C - and a wee Hohner Lilliput in D/G

La Creuse, France - the land of calm and of brillant traditional music 🎶

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 10:55:15 PM »

It only works if you have an up to date browser that can work with HTML5

Go HERE to check but if you are running Internet Explorer you will be out of luck I believe.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 11:53:35 PM »

It works with Firefox
Greg Smith

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2018, 08:47:02 AM »

It works on Edge too......
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 08:54:22 AM »

It works on Edge too......
Q

Yeah but who in their right mind  ::)

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »

Um......  8)
Though being left handed I am in my right mind  (:)
...I think  ;D
Thrupenny Bit

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal