Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streb..??  (Read 10280 times)

byteofthecherry

• Good talker
Re: Streb..??
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »

It sounds like a wonderful thing, but how much is the going rate to buy one, new or s/h?
Approx £1700.00(I think.. new)..it's a 'you don't ask the price,you just want one'..I was on a 16 month waiting list from Steve(I'd like to know how many he makes per year..??) I paid almost the new price(and was happy to do so) saved me 14 months(at my age it's a day at a time.. ::) )

They very rarely come up used, I just happened to spot the ad. here on Melnet about an hour or two after it was posted and I had the money earmarked anyway. Bear in mind I've been into wind/brass/guitar electronic synthesis for well over 35 years so i know all the little twists/foilibles/limitations/capabilities of electronic instruments so buying the Streb was a 'no brainer'..however I'm a complete starter on the melodion(but years of playing/ practice on guitar/sax/clarinet make even my 'old' fingers work well and all scale/pattern exercises transfer well onto melodion) I'm very into the idea of Xrowing and am working on sets of exercises for my 3 row Corona(s) II

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:27:47 PM by byteofthecherry »
1 X Corona II(ADG)..1X Early 'Darth Vader' Corona IIIR (Eb/Bb/Ab)..2 X Erica(DG/CF)..1X Club VictoriaX(CF)..1 X Club II(Bb/Eb) 4 X Liliput (DG(red)/BbEb(purple)/GC(purple)..2 X preciosa(D/G(green)/Bb/Eb(Grey)+ lots of guitars/banjos/saxes/brass/synthy 'stuff'

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2018, 12:22:02 PM »

I've had one for about 10 years - actually I've had 2 - I sold the first one and got Steve to make me a left hander.
I play it in the band plugged direct into the PA - works a treat.
I use the different melodeon voinces according to the key I play in. Only use non melodeon for "Happy Birthday".

Are you coming to the Wensleydale weekend? I might just bring the Streb along.......

I am - I could bring mine and we could have a Streb session!!

anyone else going to be there with one?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:24:40 PM by brianread »
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2018, 01:24:33 PM »

Yes, I'm attending and could bring mine. However, you two characters must agree to play one tune slow enough for me to join in! We could be barred but what the heck.

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2018, 02:16:48 PM »

Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »

Then there’s this https://www.facebook.com/groups/accordeondiatonique/permalink/10156503050753984/

Yuk! Tried one out a while back when I found out what the waiting list for a Streb e-melodeon was.  Was not impressed and having played one since I feel the same - the Streb is an electronic melodeon while the FR18 is a synthesizer with bellows. If you like I will bring my Streb to practice or to the session and you have have a go on it.

Mine is a very old one, number 008 and was the first two and half row made, commissioned by John Spiers who sold it to me as part of his New Year furry rug sale a few years ago.  I love it and play it lots, often at daft hours.  It's coming home on Tuesday after having a new power switch fitted.
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

byteofthecherry

• Good talker
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »

Then there’s this https://www.facebook.com/groups/accordeondiatonique/permalink/10156503050753984/
Indeed..interesting..!!..reading further into the ad...."Helmets for more tranquility in the neighborhood. Brest region. Delivered with Roland, suspenders and package leaflet"
1 X Corona II(ADG)..1X Early 'Darth Vader' Corona IIIR (Eb/Bb/Ab)..2 X Erica(DG/CF)..1X Club VictoriaX(CF)..1 X Club II(Bb/Eb) 4 X Liliput (DG(red)/BbEb(purple)/GC(purple)..2 X preciosa(D/G(green)/Bb/Eb(Grey)+ lots of guitars/banjos/saxes/brass/synthy 'stuff'

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2018, 07:11:17 AM »

Yes, I'm attending and could bring mine. However, you two characters must agree to play one tune slow enough for me to join in! We could be barred but what the heck.

I am up for that - I wonder what the same tune played in 3 different voices (best keep to the same key though) would sound like NOT "Delilah" though!
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 09:53:25 AM »

Yuk! Tried one out a while back when I found out what the waiting list for a Streb e-melodeon was.  Was not impressed and having played one since I feel the same - the Streb is an electronic melodeon while the FR18 is a synthesizer with bellows. If you like I will bring my Streb to practice or to the session and you have have a go on it.

Mine is a very old one, number 008 and was the first two and half row made, commissioned by John Spiers who sold it to me as part of his New Year furry rug sale a few years ago.  I love it and play it lots, often at daft hours.  It's coming home on Tuesday after having a new power switch fitted.

I’d love to see and hear it.  I must say that I posted the link to the Roland ad largely because of the unintentionally humorous Frenglish picked up elsewhere in this thread.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 06:34:15 AM »

I’d love to see and hear it.  I must say that I posted the link to the Roland ad largely because of the unintentionally humorous Frenglish picked up elsewhere in this thread.

If you do try that please have someone record it - would be very entertained to hear the result :)
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »

I would like to attend with my "air Streb". My real one has been conceived, but is in the process of a long gestation period!  :'(
They say that patience is a virtue, but then I'm not very virtuous.  >:E
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »

I will bring mine to Hawes , without the amp , and will practice ‘Winster Gallop’’ slowly !  (:)
Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2018, 06:40:26 PM »

I will bring mine to Hawes , without the amp , and will practice ‘Winster Gallop’’ slowly !  (:)

Just don't play bloody Delilah!

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2018, 07:24:54 PM »

I’ll see, and more significantly hear you there.

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2018, 09:14:57 AM »

Why , why , why not ?  ;)
Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2018, 09:27:09 AM »

As you are a such a renowned "artiste", I would be most grateful if you could kindly allow me to record your rendition - copyright reserved - so that Helena has the opportunity of hearing it next time I see her.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2018, 09:45:21 AM »

As you are a such a renowned "artiste", I would be most grateful if you could kindly allow me to record your rendition - copyright reserved - so that Helena has the opportunity of hearing it next time I see her.

You can go off people you know.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal