Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well-Known Tunes live sessions at Sidmouth  (Read 581 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Well-Known Tunes live sessions at Sidmouth
« on: July 24, 2021, 09:29:18 PM »

As many of you will know, Sidmouth Festival will be a bit different this year, with some events online and some live. My Relative Beginners Melodeon workshops will take place via Zoom, as will my Well-Known Tunes at a Steady Pace structured sessions.

However, the possibility exists for a couple of live Well-Known Tunes sessions in the Rugby Club's upstairs bar, which is large enough to enable social distancing to take place. The Rugby Club is willing to host them and the Festival's organisers are willing to promote them, but neither is able to provide stewards, so volunteers would be needed to take the recommended donations of £6.00 and to make sure that people know the Covid rules that are in force in the Rugby Club. Without such volunteers, the sessions won't be able to take place. The sessions would be 2 hours long, probably in the early afternoon and on one or two of the days between Monday and Thursday, but the das and times can be adjusted to suit the volunteers.

If anybody knows somebody who might be willing to volunteer, please put them in touch with me. As mentioned earlier, without volunteers, these sessions won't happen.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Wicked Lady

• Dino Baffetti Art 86, Castagnari Tommy, BP2
Re: Well-Known Tunes live sessions at Sidmouth
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 11:46:41 PM »

I might be able to help with this but only on the Monday.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 08:48:13 AM »

That is very kind of you. We could certainly schedule a session for Monday. How would 1:30 to 3:30 suit you?
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Doug

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 11:26:52 AM »

Hi Bob....... Liz and I would be happy to steward for you on the Tuesday afternoon 1.30 to 3.30.
Doug
Serenellini 3v, Dino Baffetti Oakwood Super 2v  and Castignari Giordy. All D/G.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 12:54:49 PM »

Thanks very much, Doug. That is much appreciated. I'll contact the festival director and try to arrange one for Tuesday 1:30-3:30. I'll get back to you.

Another volunteer to help Sue on Monday would make life easier. Anyone else willing?

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
Live sessions at Sidmouth
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 05:23:41 PM »

At the eleventh hour, we have managed to schedule some live workshops and structured sessions in the Rugby Club's upstairs bar.

On Sunday 1 August, I shall be teaching a Relative Beginners Melodeon Workshop from 10:30 to 12:00.

On Monday 2 August, Jannette Stewart and I shall be leading a Well-Known Tunes at a Steady Pace structured session from 13:30 to 15:30.

On Tuesday 3 August, we shall host another Well-Known Tunes at a Steady Pace session from 16:30 until 18:00.

These are in addition to the two Zoom melodeon workshops on Saturday and Sunday and the three Zoom Well-Known Tunes at a Steady Pace structured sessions on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday that have already been advertised on melodeon.net.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal