Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What layout for this tune...?  (Read 1192 times)

BJG

• Regular debater
    • Magicfolk
What layout for this tune...?
« on: March 04, 2018, 02:39:11 PM »

I'd like to set up a three-row Streb for the kind of chords and scales in this Santana track. Could someone point me in the right direction...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPLV7lGbmT4

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
Re: What layout for this tune...?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »

BJ:
Don't you have a "blackmagic.etl" in your eMelodeon software?
(Streb joke)
--Steve C
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

BJG

• Regular debater
    • Magicfolk
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

BJ:
Don't you have a "blackmagic.etl" in your eMelodeon software?
(Streb joke)
--Steve C

Do you ever miss being in a neverending queue for a niche electronic folk instrument?

I'm wondering if should order a MidiGurdy.

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:09:28 PM »

BJ--

Wish I could help you with the Santana but you need one of the gurus for that; I can't even tell the key/mode, etc.

And no, I DO NOT miss the queue.  I waited for a Benny once, just missed a production run of them I guess, and it took over a year.  The Streb a little longer, but the wait did make it sweet.

I love this thing.  Let me count the ways!  After the first few months of idiotic playing in all kinds of inappropriate voices, I have a nice set of eight patches that I pretty much stick with.  I am not a very good player anyway, and need to focus on learning to play better rather than screwing around with synth voices versions of Parson's Farewell.  (or totally bizarre layouts from well intentioned melnetters!)  Though I have changed a few accidentals on some of Steves layouts, especially to get low octave sharps and flats.

I had not seen the e-hurdy gurdy, but it is nice.  I am thinking about the melodeon app for iPhone.  Also, I got a midi cable, so that will be next mischief.

BTW, George Kelischeck makes HG's here in NC; I have been to his shop. They also kind of sponsor a morris/molly side.  Visit his site: susato.com

Good luck with Santana,

Steve C.
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal