Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for MP3s of "Stolen Ground"  (Read 1259 times)

Jesse Smith

• Buffalo, NY, USA
Looking for MP3s of "Stolen Ground"
« on: March 09, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »

Moderators, please feel free to delete this if you think it drifts too far into a legally fuzzy area!

I am trying to buy the album Stolen Ground by John Kirkpatrick and Sue Harris in digital format. It is unavailable on the US Amazon.com except on vinyl, but it is available in MP3 on Amazon.co.uk. However, when I try to buy the MP3s from the UK site it won't let me and says I need a UK-issued credit card. Even buying a gift card in pounds (which it does let me do!) won't work.

So I'm wondering if someone in the UK would be willing to buy this album for me and send the MP3 files to me. I expect I could buy you an Amazon.co.uk gift card for the £7.49 to make the purchase.

My only other options seems to be to buy it on vinyl and then ring up a friend with the facilities for ripping vinyl to digital files. But that seems kind of silly when the MP3s already exist out there!

Thanks!
Hohner Pokerwork D/G (x2!), Hohner one row four stops in D and C, Hohner Presswood C/F.

Rob Lands

• Regular debater
Re: Looking for MP3s of "Stolen Ground"
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 07:50:43 PM »

Thats interesting. Its not an album I know so I looked up JK's discography, not on his website. Google tells me it is a Topic LP 12TS453 from 1989 and was reissued in the UK as a digital download in 2010  TSDL453. Not sure how you can download from topic though but you can get the artwork from Topic.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 08:48:20 PM »

I would like to download this but I can't find it. Any ideas?
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Jesse Smith

• Buffalo, NY, USA
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 09:15:28 PM »

Here's the Amazon.co.uk page where you can buy the album in MP3 form if you have a British credit card:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01NAJT7MK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520629759&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=stolen+ground&dpPl=1&dpID=61bFt%2BvPRJL&ref=plSrch

Rob, I found the Topic website yesterday and downloaded the liner notes for all of the JK & Sue Harris records (plus the record he did as Umps & Dumps).

I've been hunting down these old records since the other day when Anahata mentioned a tune on one of them. I quite like them, including the a cappella singing of the duo.
Hohner Pokerwork D/G (x2!), Hohner one row four stops in D and C, Hohner Presswood C/F.

Jozz

• Good talker
  • Greetings from the Netherlands!
    • Stichting Bon Artz
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »

Maybe this will make you be able to buy the record itself in the US?

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/190013254
Stichting Bon Artz - We present and support authentic music and small-scale performance arts.

Lyra

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »

Have you tried iTunes? I know they are also geoconstrained but it is available for me outside UK.

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 10:32:57 AM »

I can't help with the search but was surprised at the album tracks.
I'm amazed Mrs Saggs is on it and recorded that early. Chris Woods would have been very young then to have penned the tune and passed in on to JK and SH.
I could hear it played by an oboe though....
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

squeezy

• Quick starter (now lagging behind)
  • Hohner Cornelia (mixte D/G/o&s)
    • www.johnspiers.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »

I can't help with the search but was surprised at the album tracks.
I'm amazed Mrs Saggs is on it and recorded that early. Chris Woods would have been very young then to have penned the tune and passed in on to JK and SH.
I could hear it played by an oboe though....
Q

Haha ... she plays it on the hammered dulcimer though!
Squeezy

Sometimes wrong, sometimes right ... but always certain!

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »

Ah right...... So much for that then  ;D
Shame cos I 'd have thought it sits on an oboe quite nicely.
Cheers
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 02:07:37 PM »

I have this now. Not sure if I like Sue Harris's voice that much. There are some great bits, though and Mrs Saggs is definitely one of the highlights. The hammered dulcimer works rather well.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 02:28:56 PM »

I suppose that's the definition of a good tune, one that sounds good on any instrument.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal