Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRAD Magazine  (Read 1634 times)

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
TRAD Magazine
« on: March 08, 2018, 04:06:16 PM »

I just found out that Trad Magazine (France) published its final issue in 2017. Anyone know the story about that?

Also, that magazine published amazing tune books. Does anyone know whether they are still sold anywhere?

Mick

Re: TRAD Magazine
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »

Andy,

I've gotten some books and CDs from the Trad resources through ORFEO in France.

Here's a web link:

http://www.librairieorfeo.com/thematique/CLAVIERS/Accord%E9on/Accord%E9on+diatonique-380.html

I found them to be very responsive via email and shipping etc.  My French is only passable at best, but I've been able to blunder through all the necessary online forms for purchasing, etc.  Pretty straightforward.

Some of their Trad material is out of stock (eg. really nice looking collection of waltzes) but overall a good resource.

Mick

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »

Sad loss. A pillar in the Frence tradition
  _       _    _      _ 

Mick

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »

C'est vrais.  Tant pis.  I was just on the Orfeo site and unfortunately a lot of the material they had from the Trad folks (books and CDs) is not currently available.   I'm kicking myself for not snatching up the lot of it when I first discovered the site.

Mick

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »

The "Hors Serie" books contain many tunes that I personally found to be great leads for learning about musicians and styles that I wanted to listen to more. I have three of these books and wish I had the rest. They also great for expanding one's use of chords and cross-rowing, and the tunes are graded according to level of skill.

I think it would be great if these books were combined into a single PDF file in DVD-Rom format, or available online, so one could easily print a page at a time. I wonder who owns the intellectual property rights now that the magazine appears to have folded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 07:58:31 PM by Andy in Vermont »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal