Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing a melodeon in parallel octaves and more, with examples on a DG melodeon  (Read 1329 times)

gmatkin

• Gavin Atkin
    • Julieandhersqueeze.com

I hope this appeals and is useful to some folks! If you do, please let me know...

https://youtu.be/J8v16zpHLF4

Gavin

Gena Crisman

• 🇬🇧

Thank you for this video, it's really nice to hear the components be applied to a few tunes.

This is something I'm very interested in getting better at (as well as experimenting in playing both main and counter melody at once for a piece), and has reminded me of something I've not been quite sure how works before is a short throwaway part of a Tim Edey video here; https://youtu.be/WG48kOcyt_Q?t=229 - I haven't been able to work out exactly what it is he's doing or if he's making use of his C# row. When these harmonies are involved, often it's very hard to see which fingers are active, and I find it hard to distinguish which notes are being used.

Either way there are some nice exercises here that it turns out I'm already sort of working on, but I think I shall try and pick up the tunes you demonstrated to just try and get a better working understanding of how to integrate it into tunes I already play. My goal previously was Donkey Riding, which I think it still kinda is: my plan's to see if I can manage to play it in 3 octaves at once (because you can play it on the bass, too); maybe 4 octaves if I ever get a low G scale layout.

gmatkin

• Gavin Atkin
    • Julieandhersqueeze.com

It's true - it is often hard to see what's going on, not least because good players are usually economical with their finger movements, as with most instruments.

Actually, that's why I picked up my black Erica - I thought my pale fingers would be more obvious against the black background.

I've done a bit of that cross-rowed harmonised run-downs thing that Tim does, but not enough I'm afraid to make a video about it yet! after eight or so years, I'm still learning too.

G
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal