Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing Thumbstrap on a BP 2  (Read 791 times)

Robin Tims

• Good talker
Removing Thumbstrap on a BP 2
« on: March 23, 2018, 03:45:27 PM »

After all these years with various excellent Castagnaris and Loffets etc I have just purchased a brand new Dino Baffetti Black Pearl 2, custom tuned and laid out as I wanted. Compact, light, and easily handled given my advanced age; now my sole Melodeon but I am well content. (well, at the moment, you know how it is !)

What is the best way of removing the Thumbstrap please ?

Might be a silly question but is it retained merely by that screw, no problem ?

Or is it not a screw but a bolt which if I undo it might leave a loose nut rattling about inside and which could be a pain to remove.

Someone can help with advice for sure.

Rob
Castagnari Clovis D/G. Irish Conc Co 'Eiru' C/G. Wheatstone Aeola 48b English Treble. Weltmeister Rubin 60 Bass P. Accordion.

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
Re: Removing Thumbstrap on a BP 2
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 08:12:29 PM »

I'm fairly sure on a Black Pearl that it's a wood screw so you're safe enough. Give it a turn or two, that should confirm.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

Gena Crisman

• 🇬🇧
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 09:14:22 PM »

I have an older BP 2 but, in my case, yes, I unscrewed mine and and then put the screw into some cardboard to keep the strap and all the hardware safe in a draw somewhere - I've just left the hole open, rather than screw the original screw back into it, as I got the impression that without the thumb trap to act as a spacer, the screw would pierce into the keyboard somewhere I wouldn't want it to.

It's worth taking off if you're not using it as you'll, at least if mine is anything to go by, get concentric rings worn into your finish from it being spun around a lot.

Robin Tims

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »

Ah thank you Rees, helpful as ever, both on here and in person over the years.

.....and thank you too, Gena, good point about the screw tip and the circular marks.

Ok, now where is my Pozidrive screwdriver then.......

Success ! Great,  ....all done. Cheers.

Rob
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:53:24 PM by Robin Tims »
Castagnari Clovis D/G. Irish Conc Co 'Eiru' C/G. Wheatstone Aeola 48b English Treble. Weltmeister Rubin 60 Bass P. Accordion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal