Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement Buttons  (Read 1829 times)

Vallenato831

• Regular debater
Replacement Buttons
« on: March 28, 2018, 03:19:31 AM »

How hard is it to replace the buttons on say a Hohner Corona?  I want to replace them with charcoal grey or black.  Also, where can one purchase the buttons, in USA? 
Corona III x8

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
Re: Replacement Buttons
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:33:17 AM »

Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Vallenato831

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 06:09:16 PM »

Saw that, just way too price at $4/button. 
Corona III x8

triskel

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 07:13:56 PM »

I was thinking that myself too, and especially for the plain (not pearl) white ones I'd be looking for... :o

These Accordion BUTTONS PISTONS BLACK Harmonika Knöpfe 13.8x11.5 (mm) SET OF 6 may be more like what you want, at US $9.10 for six.

There's a YouTube video here: Hohner Corona 2 button swap

Vallenato831

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 07:47:34 PM »

I was thinking that myself too, and especially for the plain (not pearl) white ones I'd be looking for... :o

These Accordion BUTTONS PISTONS BLACK Harmonika Knöpfe 13.8x11.5 (mm) SET OF 6 may be more like what you want, at US $9.10 for six.

There's a YouTube video here: Hohner Corona 2 button swap

Awesome, the ebay buttons might work, will measure to be sure.  Thanks!  !!   :||:
Corona III x8

triskel

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 09:51:18 PM »

I think the plain white Corona buttons are usually 13.5mm in diameter, and these are 13.8mm, but very careful filing (or, better-still, a tapered reamer!) should take care of any problems there, whilst the Hohner "white pearl" and "black pearl" ones look slightly larger to me anyway...

Vallenato831

• Regular debater
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 01:09:51 AM »

I think the plain white Corona buttons are usually 13.5mm in diameter, and these are 13.8mm, but very careful filing (or, better-still, a tapered reamer!) should take care of any problems there, whilst the Hohner "white pearl" and "black pearl" ones look slightly larger to me anyway...
.3mm of a difference should be ok I would think.  I am waiting for the new box to come in next week before I order.  My current Corona III is from the 70's and I am leaving that one vintage.  The upgrade is for a new box.  Thanks!
Corona III x8
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal