Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: North Devon, North Somerset next week  (Read 270 times)

Rob Lands

North Devon, North Somerset next week
« on: March 29, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »

I have looked at the web but not found anything to entertain me next week when I am visiting the area. I am taking my daughter to Halsway Manor for the Young Folk Course next week and then going onto Lynton (Mon, Tues) and Dunster (Wed, Thurs).  Does anyone know of any sessions or concerts in the period and areas? The aim is to explore and walk during the day, it seems I may get wet.

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
Re: North Devon, North Somerset next week
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »

Did you look on SaDfolk?
Dino BPII. My wife seems to have claimed the Liliput.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »

take a ferret around here.....
http://www.devonfolk.org.uk/

The links are to Flaxley Green and other websites where a lot of info is shared, though not always up to date. It's worth checking before venturing out. The roads up there mean it takes a long time to go a short distance.
I'm the other end of the county so it's almost another country!
I love Lynton and Lynmouth, might even be taking some friends walking up the valley to Watersmeet in a week's time.
Check out the Valley of Rocks too.
An area I first visited to see  an aunt when 6months old ( apparently! ) and I still love it now.
cheers
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Rob Lands

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »

Thanks
I looked at SADfolk and a site covering the other way.  Saw stuff happening beyond Barnstaple and to the South but as Thrupenny Bit says roads are slow. I will have to drum up courage to drive up the narrow road to the Manor! I will research more.

Rob Lands

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 01:20:11 PM »

For future reference it appears the Pebbles Tavern in Watchet has sessions and live music most weeks

rileycat

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 02:01:29 PM »

Further into North Devon there's Monday 9th April - mainly English music session from 8pm 'ish at The Bell Inn Chittlehampton - good for food + music and some song, can be crowded, but very welcoming Landlord.  Bideford Folk Club Thursday from 7.30 'ish - sing-around format accompanied and unaccompanied songs + tunes upstairs in The Joiners Arms, Council car park behind and free parking after 6pm - very informal.  Combe Martin's Shammick Acoustic Club on Saturday 14th - sing-around night at The Pack of Cards pub in the main street, off road parking and singing from around 8pm, also good food - relaxed and used to visiting performers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.