Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Over 44 000 music scores!  (Read 1692 times)

slade

• New Starter
Over 44 000 music scores!
« on: March 30, 2018, 06:46:45 AM »

Hello everybody,

i'm new here, i hope i don't break any rules by posting thing. Please let me know if it does.

I wanted to share with you a website which have over 44 000 music scores for accordion. There is piano scores, accordion scores, piano scores adaptated for the accordion.

You can check it there: https://accordion-scores.com

I hope you'll find that useful :)

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
Re: Over 44 000 music scores!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 08:16:39 AM »

Hmmm...
Looks like you have to register and, after 5 days, pay a fee (see attached). It doesn't tell you what the fee is. :(
Also, although there is a section for diatonic accordeon, it would appear that most of the music is for piano accordion or CBA.

Many members here will be very familiar with the various free tune sharing websites (abcnotation, our own Lester's website, Bernard Loffet's site, the Session, etc.) which have plenty of material for melodeon/diatonic accordeon.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Mike Carney

• In sunny Sheffield
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »

I think I have got enough tunes in tune books that are waiting to be learned, to see me out!! Have even resolved not to buy another tunebook. Ever.  ;)

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:48:56 AM »

Then there's Trillian.mit
Not sure whose site it is (John Camber's? His name comes up a lot) but it's a great place to look and my go to choice for folk dance.
It's some kind of search engine, I think. Sources abc files from all over the place (including the collections Steve listed. Gives the ABC score and a visual of the score.
Has a great "Search Similar" function that is pretty good at providing alternative settings and  network thingy of related tunes that makes brilliant browsing.

e.g. http://abcnotation.com/tunePage?a=trillian.mit.edu/~jc/music/abc/Contra/BIDA/0043

Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Roger Hare

• Urmston, Lancashire, U.K.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 02:35:05 PM »

Hmmm...
Looks like you have to register and, after 5 days, pay a fee (see attached). It doesn't tell you what the fee is...

This was being touted on concertina.net about a week ago. I had a reasonably extensive look around the site and was
impressed - but not favourably! I could not quite work out the 'business model', apart from the fact that it would require
me to put my short arms in my long pocket and part with an unspecified amount of cash...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:32:19 PM by lachenal74693 »
For more about Manchester Morris, The Beech Band Folk Club or anything else,  please use the private messaging facility.
My (large) ABC Tune Book is here.

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 06:06:33 PM »

Not sure whose site it is (John Camber's? His name comes up a lot) but it's a great place to look and my go to choice for folk dance.

e.g. http://abcnotation.com/tunePage?a=trillian.mit.edu/~jc/music/abc/Contra/BIDA/0043

MIT is The Massachusetts Institute of Technology. John Chambers is a member of the Institute, former CEO (20 years) and now Executive Chairman of the computer giant Cisco.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:08:22 PM by Pete Dunk »
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 07:00:28 PM »

MIT is The Massachusetts Institute of Technology. John Chambers is a member of the Institute, former CEO (20 years) and now Executive Chairman of the computer giant Cisco.

Thanks Pete, I've often wondered. No wonder it's such an effective site.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

slade

• New Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 12:14:27 PM »

Hello everyone,
sorry for the long reply.
Yes there is a membership which is stated on the website, but i guess not if you're not registered already (thanks for pointing that out). It's 25 euros for 365 day (a whole year).

Yes most scores are for chromatic accordion / piano. I posted here as i found some old threads that referenced it as the french version of the website (partitions-accordeon.com) so i thought it might still interest some people.

I totally understand that having to pay a fees even if it's 25 euros for a year is an amount of money lot of people don't want to invest. You can register for free though, and check about 30 scores without any strings attached.

Edit: Price is now stated sorry for the confusion. This website was a strong community based website and never really relied on people not knowing already how it was working. English version is quite new :)

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:42:01 PM by slade »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal