Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B/Bb/C?  (Read 1184 times)

KLR

B/Bb/C?
« on: April 02, 2018, 12:23:18 AM »

Vintage Bordignon 3 Row 30 Button Accordion B/Bb/C 80 Bass Canada Made Accordion

"Made in Vancouver BC," so perhaps this isn't just another confused seller, regarding the pitch. Selling for not much, too. But it's probably just a poorly built British Chromatic.  Cheesy logo, too...

triskel

Re: B/Bb/C?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:08:15 AM »

Yes, I noticed that one, and wondered if it shouldn't perhaps be Bb/B/C, which would be unusual - but at least make sense.

Various details of the instrument would seem to suggest it may have been made in the 1940s, or early 1950s, and it seems "The Bordignon family built accordions in Vancouver for 75 years. Their skill was such that they repaired accordions and other free reed instruments for the Smithsonian." (Source - "Accordions, multiculturalism and the evolutionary psychology of Charles Crawford." - a blog about the former owner of the collection being sold, Charles Crawford.)

It shares at least some details with Arthur Tetley's Bordignon and Sons piano accordion that's in the Museum of Vancouver's collection.

This is a link to all the instruments from Charles Crawford's collection, which are being sold by Galaxy Guitars: Attention Accordion Enthusiasts: Collection for sale (North Shore)

KLR

Re: B/Bb/C?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:35:56 AM »

They need to get their eBay and Craigslist ads in line - the CL says the G# button is stuck, the eBay doesn't, eBay has prices...if I had more funds I'd consider making the 6 hour drive to check it all out, some real items there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal