Discussions > General Discussion

Should we tune to 432 ?

(1/11) > >>

boxcall:
So I have been really interested in geometry and numbers lately, I,ve never been good at math still I like thinking about it. Mostly I've been interested in geometry and particularly in nature's numbers or so call sacred geometry, circles, patterns, etc. My favorite number is 6 half of 6 is 3  6+3 =9. What I like about six is it is found a lot in patterns in nature , snowflakes, bee honeycomb chambers, flower petals etc. Also take a radius of any size circle measured with a pair of dividers, start at any point on the circumference of the circle and walk the dividers around it and you will have a divided it by six, if you draw out the line as you swing from point to point you'll have the six sided petal or snowflake.
Probably stuff most of you already know, I went to vocational school it was basic math right though 12 grad :o

Anyway I have been watching math stuff on YouTube algebra, geometry etc. trying to learn more.
I stumbled on this video, this guy does some stuff on Tesla who is all about the 3 6 9 numbers.
He was crazy about 3, put 2 triangles together (off set)you can make a six sided shape, so I can relate.

So in this video it is said that 432 is the universal frequency, easier or more pleasing to listen to.
4+3+2=9
I believe the key to the universe will be mathematical or explained by it and music and frequency is mathematics.
So what do you think?
Should we change back or have I been watching to much YouTube / ancient aliens ,etc.
You can tell me I'm nuts if you think so.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3gLxPdamK8

Gena Crisman:
No, at least, not unless everyone else does or you want to play mostly alone. I think it's probably come up here before, too, and people will probably be rude to one another about it on both sides. And it doesn't consider one's qualia. If you like it, do it, I guess: you might find an instrument that sounds better tuned to that frequency, but, you probably shouldn't discount 431 or 425.6 either.

WestOz:
“You can tell me I'm nuts if you think so”

Since you ask, I think you are nuts if you subscribe to this stuff.

Theo:
So if we tune A to 432, what about all the other notes please?

Another vote for nuts.

Anahata:
Whatever numerological tricks you can do with 432, as a frequency it's just a number of cycles per second, and a second is a completely artificial unit of time, not directly corresponding to any natural phenomenon. We could have divided the day in any number of ways, and the frequency of a note would be a different number each time.
So for me it's not a matter of belief, it's simply meaningless.
Give me A=440  any day, and keep it that way. (That's fundamentally meaningless too, but at least it's the current convention)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version