Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crisis of confidence  (Read 4773 times)

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
Re: Crisis of confidence
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »

Heavens, all this sounds familiar. And frankly, reassuring, as I had one of THOSE days yesterday when everything felt botched.  Our audience isn't a paying one, except for any tips, but it is still a performance. And what was happening to me was getting lost on the basses in the middle of tunes I know well. So embarrassing to me.But the comment that most people wouldn't notice, was pretty much what happened. Still got a few complements at the end of our set!

Very frustrating.
MAD: Oakwood Baffetti Super II, Loffet Pro, Oakwood 3-voice, Castagnari Sander, Salterelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

Dave Sawdon

• Good talker
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2018, 08:36:32 PM »

I will say though, last Thursday I went to a slow session and took my fiddle (new toy) and had the best time for such a long time. It was well run and controlled had a play list and was packed with people. I think it was good because expectations were low.

As an infrequent visitor I only just spotted this, but I'm honoured  ;D
You are very welcome to come back. The next gathering is on 1/Nov and the website is still: https://almeleysteadysession.wordpress.com/

george garside

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 09:43:01 AM »

I think this is a familiar experience with every instrument; certainly happens quite regularly to me. One tip I read recently is just to go back to playing something simple that you know you can do well, which sounded sensible. Trust that effortless expertise will come...one day...

To me '' simple'' tunes well played sound much better for dancing than arty farty tunes played badly or even sometimes played well.   Same goes for 'session' playing if others are expected to or would like to join in.  Arty farty done well should be saved for 'solo' performances.

As to good days and bad days  we all have them! 

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal