Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a high quality gig bag for 3 rows, D’Luca?  (Read 2459 times)

Grape Ape

Looking for a high quality gig bag for 3 rows, D’Luca?
« on: May 03, 2018, 09:41:10 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with D’Luca gig bags they look pretty nice... I am looking for something with good padding, water proof, and ideally can accommodate 12 or 18 bass 3 rows....

I am assuming the corona gig bag that Hohner makes is not great quality, and probably won’t fit an 18 bass, anyone have experience with those? Are they ok?

This is one I am thinking... looks like it could fit my Corona III R or my 18 bass Handry, but its a bit pricey, so just wondering if there is something better out there, or if anyone has tried this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WLIHVBU/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1525379021&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=3+row++accordion+gig+bag&dpPl=1&dpID=41yQc7LVKCL&ref=plSrch
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:42:57 PM by Grape Ape »

Grape Ape

Re: Looking for a high quality gig bag for 3 rows, D’Luca?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 10:42:11 PM »

I should add that I live in the US.  The ones at Acorn do look nice but I imagine shipping would be almost as much as the case...

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:54:39 PM »

They are Fuselli. seem to be available on ebay US

Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 07:43:29 AM »

Hi,
The bag you require will be the small accordion  26/48 ir the Steinrich when checking with US dealer.

Pete
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 08:28:55 AM »

In the US, Liberty Bellows stocks Fuselli bags (and other makes). The Fuselli Pro range is the best, in my opinion (I've had 4, for different boxes. The oldest is now 14 years old and good for a long time yet).
https://www.libertybellows.com/shop/Gear-and-Accessories/Soft-Cases/p/NEW-Black-Fuselli-Pro-Gig-Bag-Soft-Case-x32841294.htm

Liberty Bellows also sells them on eBay.

-Y-

• Handry 18 (G/C), Mélodie (D), Club IIb (A/D)
    • a database of 400 or more melodeons here
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 08:30:30 AM »

I have a Fuselli bag and can say it's near perfect. It's tough, the zips are good (and they open in a very convenient way: either you open them a little and you can take/place your box vertically, or you open them fully and you can take/place your box any way you like). Also, the straps are as comfortable as these can be.
Well worth the money IMHO.

Edit: on the link Bill posted, mine would be the Extra Small for 48 bass or anacleto, I think. I fit a Handry 18 (3 rows 3 voices 18 basses). But better check with the dealer on the phone beforehand anyway.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:36:29 AM by -Y- »

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 08:35:31 AM »

They are Fuselli. seem to be available on ebay US
The Button Box sells Fuselli gig bags, see: https://www.buttonbox.com/cases.html . I bought one from Pete at Acorn, they are excellent.  :||:

Steve Coombes

• Good talker
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 10:35:00 PM »

I've got a D'Luca gig bag, I bought it in January for my 2.5 row Sandpiper Sanderling.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BWCLMGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The handle is very comfy and it's also very comfy as a rucksack there is a bit of a squeeze getting music books into the front pocket but it can be done. I went for bright blue so that it would stand out in a world of black bags. It has a soft flap/cover to protect the keyboard. In a real downpour I think the zips may just start to leak a bit, but I have a rucksack cover for those heavy rain days.
Steve

Tommy D/G

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »

... I went for bright blue so that it would stand out in a world of black bags...

I chose black so it wouldn't stand out and look more attractive to a thief.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Steve Coombes

• Good talker
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »

I chose black so it wouldn't stand out and look more attractive to a thief.

Sorry for the unintentional implied criticism of black bags, hangs head in shame... :-X
Tommy D/G

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 12:43:05 PM »

The shape of the pocket on the D'Luca seems rather silly. Music books and folders are rectangular, hence the rectangular pockets on all other gig bags.

Steve Coombes

• Good talker
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 01:49:00 PM »

The shape of the pocket on the D'Luca seems rather silly. Music books and folders are rectangular, hence the rectangular pockets on all other gig bags.

Agreed they could have made a standard rectangular pocket quite easily and that would have made a much better bag, I tried putting some books in and they did fit but after being carried around for a while you would risk damage to the corners. I use the side pocket for a note book paper, pen, hankies and a whistle, but not music books.
Tommy D/G

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »

I bought a nice one from Pete/Acorn at Whitby, but the shoulder straps are not long enough for me.  I find this with so many of these rucksack style bags, they seem to be meant for skinny people.

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »

Hi John
You should have contacted me,if you send it down I will extend the straps,you will only pay post both ways or if going to Whitby let me know and I will bring the sewing machine.

Pete
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Grape Ape

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 01:11:09 AM »

Now THAT is service!!!

I decided to buy the d’Luca.  These are only first impressions, but it does fit my 18 bass Handry just as well as my 12 bass Corona.  Also a good fit for the surprisingly tall/long (when standing on the bass end) Gaillard.  Nice padding.  My sheet music is all printed off of the computer, so no worries about the front pocket for me...  Overall seems like a nice and well made bag.  Definitely a HUGE step up from the ones Hohner makes.  I wouldn’t want to drop an accordion in any case, hard or otherwise, but it at least seems like the box would have a fighting chance should the unthinkable ever happen, and being reasonably waterproof is a nice bonus.  Overall seems like a nice buy if you live in the US.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 12:02:11 PM »

Hi John
You should have contacted me,if you send it down I will extend the straps,you will only pay post both ways or if going to Whitby let me know and I will bring the sewing machine.

Pete

Thanks Pete, but your embroidery skills aren't needed, as with the aid of Mr Bostik and some rivets, I effected the modifications myself.

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal