Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have experience buying an accordion from "La Malle aux Accordeons"  (Read 961 times)

Falconer

This is the only internet retail site I find in France that posts in English, appears to be active and of substantial size and recently updated. They seem to offer a large number of G/C Castagnari boxes, but it seems unlikely anyone would have that large number of units in stock. I am suspicious that they are just listing what is available to order from Castagnari, and there would then be a one year wait for delivery. They have an active Facebook site, but it has very few posts and no long history. Seems suspicious.
Hohner Pokerwork GC (1960's) & Hohner/Koch AD (cir. 1930), Mengascini Milonga GC LM & Hohner Red Perloid DG (1935-40), Castagnari Rik GC+, a DG Beltuna Sara +2 & Bb/Eb Hohner Preciosa moified to 12 Basses. Lachenal 48 Key English Concertina (cir. 1903).

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti

I think I agree, though it's perhaps unfair to judge on the evidence available.  However, their website is confusing.  It shows a wide selection of Castagnaris yet half of them are listed as "Bouebe" - a Saltarelle model name.  There is also no mention of the keys available although they state that they are demi-swing tuned as standard.  I wonder how long they have been in business?  Perhaps they don't yet know how long it takes to actually receive an order from Castagnari (roughly twice as long as they quote in my experience) and are expecting them to ship immediately.

Rob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal