Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keyboards  (Read 1410 times)

Peter G

• Regular debater
  • Hohner Pokerwork, Castagnari Tommy
keyboards
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »

Can someone enlighten me about keyboards please? I read about flat or stepped ones. What are  the advantages of each? My pokerwork sems to have a slanting keyboard. Does this count as flat or strepped. If I ever decide to 'upgrade' which type would I look at?
Thanks
Best wishes to all
Peter (:)

LJC

Re: keyboards
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:32:24 PM »

Your pokerwork has a flat keyboard - all you have is the top of the button peeping out of the hole. All of the button mechanism is covered over. Lots of makers seem to promote this for 'Irish' playing because there is less to get your fingers caught on playing fast. The opposite is the stepped keyboard where the mechanism is wooden and you can see the moving parts in grooves in the keyboard.

The boards are all at a slant to make it more ergonomic to play. It is down to your own personal style what you prefer, I think you can do great things on both. The flat keyboard does allow you to slide around between buttons more fluidly.

Peter G

• Regular debater
  • Hohner Pokerwork, Castagnari Tommy
Re: keyboards
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »

Thanks Gents
All is revealed (or not!) ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal