Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accordion Babes Pin-up Calendar recruiting for art submissions  (Read 1864 times)

squeezeboxgoddess

• Renee de la Prade official website

Renee here, editor and organizer for the Accordion Babes Pin-up Calendar. I'm also a professional musician and a body-positive feminist. I think it's complete rubbish that feminism has nothing to do with sexiness... actually young girls model their body outlook on really stereotypical models in our advertising-driven world; so part of the mission of this project is to prove that intelligent women who are dynamite musicians are worth looking up to even when they don't fit the mold. Women who play accordion are sexy... and women who play melodeons are even sexier... there are no age or body-type limitations for entering. But, yes, it is scary to do a photoshoot with the idea that it's going to come out sexy, which will be published and distributed all around the world; so this invitation is not for the meek. You can see many artists from past editions by visiting my website accordionpinupcalendar.com

If you are a woman melodeon player, or you know a woman box player who is brave enough to do a sexy photo-shoot for an international Accordion Babes Calendar, and has a professional-quality music recording to contribute to our compilation CD, please comment here or better yet, send an email to editor@accordionpinupcalendar.com

The art deadline for the 2019 edition is May 29th. I still need a few more great photos... and frankly I'd be delighted to feature more button-box players in next year's edition!
I play in D/D# using several custom bi-directional bass systems, used mostly for power-chords and moving bass lines rather than traditional oom-pahs. My life quest is to fuse folk music with rock n roll and somehow earn a living doing it.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
Re: Accordion Babes Pin-up Calendar recruiting for art submissions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 12:31:05 PM »

Oh Gosh. Reckon that this thread could be in the sand pit very soon.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 12:40:55 PM »

Oh Gosh. Reckon that this thread could be in the sand pit very soon.
Why? Renee has publicised her previous years calendars here without anyone getting upset.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »

Rene, please consider nominating these ladies.
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

Grape Ape

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 06:25:10 PM »

I’m not sure how I feel about this... not all squeezeboxers are women, some of us are men and I feel this marginalizes all the males who play the squeezebox- I mean, in my opinion and no one else’s I look drop dead gorgeous in a speedo with my accordion....

Sorry folks, I’ll grab my hat

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »

I’m not sure how I feel about this... not all squeezeboxers are women, some of us are men and I feel this marginalizes all the males who play the squeezebox-

Sorry folks, I’ll grab my hat

Bloody snowflakes.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal