Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quebecoise music camp in August  (Read 1813 times)

kenakordeon

• Regular debater
Quebecoise music camp in August
« on: May 17, 2018, 06:39:04 PM »

Another August and another week-long camp learning and enjoying Qubecoise songs and tunes and dances. Just today I read that melodeon-builder Andre Bouchard will be on staff. And, that's in addition to the other melodeon teachers and masters: Sabin Jacques, Steve Jones, Denis Pepin, Susie LeMay, Normand Miron and Gino Lavoie.

http://www.mareemusique.com/

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Re: Quebecoise music camp in August
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:10:19 PM »

More info about the teachers:
André, as well as making those excellent one-and-a-bit rows, is a great pianist, and along with Denis Pepin, is one of the driving forces behind the surge of interest in the D/C# in Québec. (He used to play a D/C#/C but he has since gone more conventional!)
Denis is a bit of a legend around here. Great one-row and three-row player as well as the D/C# thingo.
Susie does all those permutations as well and is a very fine pianist.
Normand is also a legend. Plays mainly three row when he isn't singing with Les Charbonniers de l'enfer or Le Bruit court dans la ville with Lisa Ornstein and André Marchand.
Gino is a force of nature, wonderfully dynamic player and teacher.
Sabin is just great in every respect.
I deal with beginners and am now official camp interpreter, briefly summarizing announcements for those who don't have enough French to follow. Unfortunately many of Denis Maheux' brilliant gags lose something in the translation...

And then there are equally great piano, fiddle, guitar and dance teachers. Come and bring your kids - they will love it.

Larry Powers

• Good talker
  • Bouchard 10+4 in D, Lilly D/C#
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 08:52:39 PM »

Ken - Do you do the drive in a day or do you break it into two?  I live about an hour south of the Button Box and the thought of a 10 hour drive and trying to get there by 3:00 is a bit intimidating.  But I haven't yet ruled out attending the second weekend.

-Y-

• Handry 18 (G/C), Mélodie (D), Club IIb (A/D)
    • a database of 400 or more melodeons here
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:15:03 PM »

A shame plane tickets are this expensive, really a tempting line-up!  :||:

RickC.

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 11:27:52 PM »

More info about the teachers:
André, as well as making those excellent one-and-a-bit rows, is a great pianist, and along with Denis Pepin, is one of the driving forces behind the surge of interest in the D/C# in Québec. (He used to play a D/C#/C but he has since gone more conventional!)
Denis is a bit of a legend around here. Great one-row and three-row player as well as the D/C# thingo.
Susie does all those permutations as well and is a very fine pianist.
Normand is also a legend. Plays mainly three row when he isn't singing with Les Charbonniers de l'enfer or Le Bruit court dans la ville with Lisa Ornstein and André Marchand.
Gino is a force of nature, wonderfully dynamic player and teacher.
Sabin is just great in every respect.
I deal with beginners and am now official camp interpreter, briefly summarizing announcements for those who don't have enough French to follow. Unfortunately many of Denis Maheux' brilliant gags lose something in the translation...

And then there are equally great piano, fiddle, guitar and dance teachers. Come and bring your kids - they will love it.

That sounds great, Steve!
Hohner Trichord II, Mengascini B/C, Castagnari Lilly C#/D, Castagnari Studio A/D

kenakordeon

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 12:06:21 AM »

Ken - Do you do the drive in a day or do you break it into two?  I live about an hour south of the Button Box and the thought of a 10 hour drive and trying to get there by 3:00 is a bit intimidating.  But I haven't yet ruled out attending the second weekend.

I have done it one day but prefer spreading it over two. In the past I've had the chance to stay the night before in Quebec but don't think that will happen this year.

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 12:36:49 AM »

Now in calendar. Look forward to seeing you there Ken.  Larry, Google says 7 hours from Sunderland. But I suppose you have to stop for a bite, so it probably would end up being 10 hours from your place. But it'll be a lovely drive early in the morning (:) And you know what, you won't miss anything really if you get there say at 6pm - just in time for supper and the first dance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal