Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: looking for a recording studio  (Read 1855 times)

invadm

looking for a recording studio
« on: May 31, 2018, 11:33:50 PM »

Hello all, can any one recommend a cost effective recording studio around London, it is for a non pro player  ;) to make a few CD  for non profitable reason, just to archive some old historic tunes... one of our member has/had a small studio for this sort of purses? who was it can't remember :o  cheers         

Tiposx

• Durham in England
  • Respected Sage
Re: looking for a recording studio
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »

Try Anahata. I'm not sure where the studio is though.

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »

Trevor Bennett (Gas Mark 5) used to have recording facilities, but I'm not sure whether he still lives in London or has moved permanently to France. Or indeed, if he still has his studio setup.....     Somebody will know!
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »

Try Anahata. I'm not sure where the studio is though.

Thank you for thinking of me, but I'm in West Yorkshire now!
I'm sure there'll be something  closer to London.

(my newly-relocated studio is near enough ready to run now, for anybody else in Yorkshire/Lancashire area. Two guest rooms if coming from further away and accommodation required...)
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

matt allin

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »

Hi

I can recommend Mark Estall. His studio is in Bermondsey, south east London. It’s got a good live room, and Mark is an easy person to work with. I am very happy with the recordings we made earlier this year.

http://www.marketstallrecording.com

Best wishes

Matt

invadm

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »

now I remember it was you Anahata who had a recording studio  (:)..just had a look at the map and 4 hours journey by car,  not too bad , I'd drive 4 hours just to hear you play a tune with them added magical bass side  :D  when do you think it will be up and running ? availability,time/date some more info please? 2 of us,me and my other half so accommodation for 1 day/night would be ideal.     

Anahata

• Treewind Music
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 04:24:50 PM »

I'll PM you.

Peter Ellison

• The Untouchables
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »

You could try Gizzard Recording in Bow
http://www.gizzardrecording.net

We've recorded my retro blues band there - live in the studio, direct to tape. The studio is all analogue and produces a lovely old-fashioned warm, valve- driven sound. Not too pricey either and Ed Deegan is a great producer/engineer.
Hohner Pokerwork G/D, Dino Baffetti Binci G/D

invadm

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 04:34:19 PM »

thank you all for your advise and help...I am very happy to say that ; we have arranged a date/time with Anahata for my modest recording project and can't wait to meet him and record some historical music  :||:   all the best     

robotmay

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 02:31:11 PM »

Obviously it's doesn't fill the same need as having an experienced sound engineer recording you, but if anyone finds themselves in a similar boat of wanting to record stuff affordably and they're just looking for the space & equipment, then my company has started introducing "Production" rooms in a few of our cities: https://www.piratestudios.co.uk/london-production-studios. You have to bring your own computer and do the recording yerself, but it's a sound-isolated room with most of the stuff you need, though I'm not too sure what microphones we have available on request (probably mostly vocal mics). I have been suggesting we add some stereo pairs as well but it depends on how much use they'd get (:)

Anyway, I don't like marketing (at all!) so I just thought I'd mention this as it can work out to be a cheap option if you're confident of doing your own recording ;D

Anahata

• Treewind Music
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 12:02:14 AM »

thank you all for your advise and help...I am very happy to say that ; we have arranged a date/time with Anahata for my modest recording project and can't wait to meet him and record some historical music  :||:   all the best     

This has now happened (yesterday) and has been a very enjoyable and educational experience. I now know a lot more about Circassian music and culture and have a very nice CD of the music to listen to myself.

I've posted more details in the Hardcore Hohner thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal