Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Princess Royal Bampton  (Read 3474 times)

Jesse Smith

• Buffalo, NY, USA
Re: Princess Royal Bampton
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 07:15:25 PM »

OK, I'm back home and had a chance to see how Mally arranged this in his book. It is in Em, and for the 6th bar of the A part he offers both the "original" pitches plus an alternate an octave higher, with a note "The lower notes are those of the tune proper. If your instrument is without the low B and G, play the higher notes." It looks like the B part sits nicely in the D/G range without modification.

I like this Bampton version a lot; it's a bit more melancholy than the similar Adderbury version.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:34:32 AM by Jesse Smith »
Hohner Pokerwork D/G (x2!), Hohner one row four stops in D and C, Hohner Presswood C/F.

Roger Howard

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »

There's your answer.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:16:31 AM by Roger Howard »
G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »

OK, I'm back home and had a chance to see how Mally arranged this in his book. It is in Em, and for the 6th bar of the A part he offers both the "original" pitches plus and alternate an octave higher, with a note "The lower notes are those of the tune proper. If your instrument is without the low B and G, play the higher notes." It looks like the B part sits nicely in the D/G range without modification.

I like this Bampton version a lot; it's a bit more melancholy than the similar Adderbury version.

and really beautiful played as a slowish air
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Phil Howard

• Regular debater
    • Red Cuthbert Morris
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 06:03:58 AM »

OK, I'm back home and had a chance to see how Mally arranged this in his book. It is in Em, and for the 6th bar of the A part he offers both the "original" pitches plus an alternate an octave higher, with a note "The lower notes are those of the tune proper. If your instrument is without the low B and G, play the higher notes." It looks like the B part sits nicely in the D/G range without modification.
Thanks, that doesn’t sound bad on my abc player: I’ll try it for real at a time that won’t disturb the family/neighbours!

Me too, just wish I could play it! (But give me a couple of weeks...)

squeezy

• Quick starter (now lagging behind)
  • Hohner Cornelia (mixte D/G/o&s)
    • www.johnspiers.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2018, 10:40:12 PM »

Yes Baz.... But *which* Bampton side?
 >:E >:E
Q

That's the real question ... there are 3 traditional morris teams in Bampton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAI0ut--gW4 is one

But I prefer Matt Green's authentic Bampton one ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5c2sutirM

Squeezy

Sometimes wrong, sometimes right ... but always certain!

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 07:26:22 AM »

Ah Squeezy's picked that one up!!!
Was wondering if anyone had noticed  ;D
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal