Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019  (Read 16616 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019
« on: May 17, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »

Thanks to everybody who has posted kind words about Melodeons in Wensleydale 2018. All the feedback we have received has been positive, so we have decided to hold another one next year. The initial date we chose has proved inconvenient for the venue, so we have had to think again. This has been tricky because of the late date of Easter next year. In the end, there was only one date that proved convenient for us and for the museum where we hold the event: that date is the weekend of 10-12 May 2019.

If you are interested in attending next year, please make a note of the date. If you are thinking of booking hotel accommodation, I suggest that you wait a few days. I am in the process of negotiating a preferential rate with the Fountain Hotel, which will involve block booking all their rooms. This should guarantee that nobody complains about the noise from our sessions on Friday and Saturday evening. Watch this space for further details, which will also be e-mailed shortly to everybody on our mailing list.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:05:15 PM »

:( oh **********!! will have to miss next year, youngest brother is getting married and Murphy's Law decrees it's that weekend  ::)
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
    • Mel Biggs Music | Melodeon Teacher
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »

Glad to hear dates are sorted for next year! All the best with that Bob et al.

Here's my blog from this year's inaugural event (didn't take long did it?!) in which I have a chat with myself (still getting used to blogging...) about what my workshop was all about and the significant effects it is already having on people who attended:

https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/2018/05/22/session-survival-skills-melodeons-in-wendsleydale-2018/
Castagnari Trilly DG and GC, Castagnari Tommy DG all by Acorn Instruments,
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

Mel Biggs Musician | Melodeon Teacher
www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

Tufty

• Dino Bincis etc
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 11:22:22 PM »

Any update on accommodation, keen to get sorted asap :D

Choonz

• Good talker
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:23:28 PM »

The Caravan Club (who have a site handy for the Museum at Hawes) have recently changed their policy, you can now book on a site a year in advance. 

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 01:10:22 PM »

Any update on accommodation, keen to get sorted asap :D
Yes, for those wishing to book a room at The Fountain Hotel (where we hold our late evening sessions), I have reserved all the rooms above the session room at a preferential rate. If you book direct with the hotel (not through a booking agency) and tell them that you are booking for Melodeons in Wensleydale you will be charged the preferential rate. Contact details for hotels, B&Bs, camping and caravan sites are on our website at http://melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk/

I am hoping to arrange free parking for motorhomes and camper vans on the museum car park again next year, but have not done so yet. I will report back here when I have done so.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 02:16:56 PM »

Done! 

Now what about that Delilah workshop........
Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

Tufty

• Dino Bincis etc
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 05:11:58 PM »

Me too, just booked at Fountain.

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 05:52:37 PM »

The Caravan Club (who have a site handy for the Museum at Hawes) have recently changed their policy, you can now book on a site a year in advance.
I've just booked a pitch on the Caravan Club site for the 2019 weekend. (:)  :||:

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 12:03:27 PM »

We can now announce the main tutor line-up for Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019, which will be Saul Rose, Brian Peters, Pascale Rubens and Toon van Mierlo. As many of you know, Toon and Pascale are a Belgian husband and wife who perform together as Naragonia, but who will be offering separate workshops at Melodeons in Wensleydale. Among the mini-workshops on offer, Theo Gibb and Rees Wesson will be covering different aspects of melodeon maintenance and there will be another workshop on tunes from the Yorkshire Dales. Theo will also offer a melodeon-fettling service throughout the weekend.

The cost remains the same as in 2018 (i.e. £80), but bookings won't open until 1 November. If you haven't already done so, you can subscribe to our mailing list to be kept up to date with developments. To join the mailing list go to http://melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk/

While bookings cannot be taken before 1 November, accommodation can be booked as soon as you like. See our website for a list of recommended accommodation. If booking into The Fountain Hotel, where some of our sessions will take place, please book direct with the Hotel and not through a booking agency. This will gain you a concessionary price if you mention that it is for Melodeons in Wensleydale.

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 05:20:56 PM »

Great. We've booked the b+b already so we don't end up complaining about noise...nothing worse than being kept awake by melodeons... (not that I've ever been guilty of that >:E)

J
Old Bones Dance Band

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 05:30:04 PM »

[[ADMIN]]

I've split the 2019 and 2018 Melodeons in Wewnsleyday into two separate topics. 

The 2018 topic is here
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

JohnAndy

• Regular debater
  • John Barber
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 09:21:07 PM »

Looks great!

I just booked a room at the Fountain - they told me they're half full already for that week-end, which is pretty good going this far in advance!

Room rate seems extremely reasonable - thanks for arranging this, Bob :-)

squeezy

• Quick starter (now lagging behind)
  • Hohner Cornelia (mixte D/G/o&s)
    • www.johnspiers.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »

Congratulations on the line-up Bob ... that is an excellent selection for what I can confirm is a brilliant venue and stunning location for a melodeon workshop weekend.
Squeezy

Sometimes wrong, sometimes right ... but always certain!

Claire Abbott

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 04:20:34 PM »

If booking into The Fountain Hotel, where some of our sessions will take place, please book direct with the Hotel and not through a booking agency. This will gain you a concessionary price if you mention that it is for Melodeons in Wensleydale.

Fountain booked again  ;D, however, don't hold your breath for a concession, none was offered even following a query.

Claire
 8)

Tufty

• Dino Bincis etc
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 04:46:47 PM »

When I booked I was told that they were holding at this year's prices, if that counts as a discount.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 09:47:11 PM »

Tufty is correct. Prices have gone up, but the landlady, Mandi, agreed to charge the pre-increase prices to those booking for Melodeons in Wensleydale, which does constitute a discount. If anyone is not receiving the pre-increase price, please let me know and I will take it up with Mandi.

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »

Hooray!!!! I've booked into The Fountain at the preferential rate  ;D

Sounds like there's probably only one room left, definitely no single rooms.
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

heartshaped1

• Good talker
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »

Just been into the Fountain to book, one family room only remaining folks!
G/C/Acc VanDerAa, D/G/Acc Hohner Lucia, D/G Pariselle, D/G Castagnari Mory, G/C Castagnari Lilium, C/F Hohner Club I, D/G Hohner Pokerwork

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »

Just been into the Fountain to book, one family room only remaining folks!

I booked some time ago - the cost seemed to be £2 less than I paid last year.  They did ask for a deposit though.
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal