Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019  (Read 16636 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2018, 11:15:49 PM »

55 of the 80 available places have already been taken and some workshops are almost full, so anyone who doesn't book quickly runs the risk missing out on their first choices if they delay.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Hugh Taylor

• Respected Sage
    • Band web site: http://www.tumblingtom.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2018, 03:06:20 PM »

Thanks Rees, I'd like to take you up on that offer of a G/C box.
I've now booked.
Cheers

Castagnari Mory D/G, Castagnari Tommy D/G, Saltarelle C/F, Hohner Erika A/D
Tumbling Tom Band

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »

I've just sent out the email confirming the workshops for all 61 applicants (that includes me!!).

If anyone feels that they have been wrongly allocated or not received the email (remember to look in your junkmail), please reply to the email or pm me here and we will look into it.

Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2019, 03:45:52 PM »

73 of the 80 places on Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019 have now been filled. By amazing good fortune there is still at least one place available on each of the main workshops, although most of them have no more than two or three places left. It would be wise to move quickly if you want to book a place on this course but haven't done so yet.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2019, 05:07:36 PM »

http://www.melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk/ isn't working for me.  No error message, just a blank screen.   Same on mac (Safari and Firefox) and phone
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »

http://www.melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk/ isn't working for me.  No error message, just a blank screen.   Same on mac (Safari and Firefox) and phone

Error 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2019, 05:44:48 PM »

Error 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server

Thanks for the heads up - something seems to have gone wrong with an update (important to keep a wordpress website up to date).  I've renamed the offending plugin directory and we seem to be up again now.  Needs some more investigation when I have time tomorrow.

PS You might see some strange error messages on the top of pages - I've enabled a "debug/verbose" mode so that i can see what is happeneing.
Brian Read
A STREB!!,
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2019, 06:58:43 PM »

Didn't make it last year because of the onset of tinnitus. Now I can't make it because that is the weekend that all course work gets sent away at school. You'll see a lot of relieved teachers after May 15th.
Good luck, glad it's on its second year and I do hope to make it sometime.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2019, 03:44:47 PM »

The music will be made available in a couple of days to those who have signed up for Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019.

In the meantime, for those with motorhomes or camper vans (not caravans or tents, unfortunately) there will be free parking available on a cordoned-off area of the car park at the Dales Countryside Museum, where the event takes place.

To book a place place for your motorhome/camper van, please email your vehicle's make, model and registration number to be at
bob@bpellis.idps.co.uk

For those who haven't yet booked a place on Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019, there are still a very small number of places available. Go to our website, www.melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk, for further information.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:48:41 PM by Bob Ellis »

brianread

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2019, 06:44:53 PM »

I've just sent emails to the 74 attendees for MIW2019 with the details of the downloads for each of the workshops.

If anyone thinks they ought to have had one and not got it, please contact me  - reply to a previous email, post here or PM me.

However remember to look in your spam folder first!!
Brian Read
A STREB!!,

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2019, 07:39:54 PM »

Really looking forward to the weekend - some really great tunes to learn on the programme.
My personal target - to master 'Pink Molly' - Toon van Mierlo. I've been working on it for months and whilst most of the notes are in the right order...
And of course meeting up with friends old and new.

J

Old Bones Dance Band

brianread

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »

I've had a few replies from people basically saying that they weren't really sure which workshops they were booked for!

I'll do another email in the morning to everyone laying out which workshops we have them down for..

edit:22nd 9:40 - Email sent to all.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:49:19 AM by brianread »
Brian Read
A STREB!!,

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2019, 04:19:57 PM »

So... your thoughts please. Obviously it's great to have the downloads ahead of time and to at least get familiar with the sound of the tunes. But given that I'm going to be traveling for 2+ weeks in April, there is probably not time to learn them to any serious degree ahead of the event.  April travel will be focused on other music (though still melodeon) so with little or no time to think about the specific tunes for this event.

This is my first workshop like this (given that I'm coming from San Francisco). Advice please, on how to get the most out of all of this with the nice advance notice of what we'll be playing.
MAD: Oakwood Baffetti Super II, Loffet Pro, Oakwood 3-voice, Castagnari Sander, Salterelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

brianread

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2019, 06:53:22 PM »

So... your thoughts please. Obviously it's great to have the downloads ahead of time and to at least get familiar with the sound of the tunes. But given that I'm going to be traveling for 2+ weeks in April, there is probably not time to learn them to any serious degree ahead of the event.  April travel will be focused on other music (though still melodeon) so with little or no time to think about the specific tunes for this event.

This is my first workshop like this (given that I'm coming from San Francisco). Advice please, on how to get the most out of all of this with the nice advance notice of what we'll be playing.

Even if you can't get to play them very much in the time - just listen to the tunes and get to know them that way.
Brian Read
A STREB!!,

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2019, 11:48:42 PM »

The idea of circulating the tunes in advance is so that less time is spent during the weekend learning the basic tunes and more time can be spent on exploring ways of interpreting them. If you have little time to work on them before you arrive, then I would suggest trying to play through the melody of each tune a few times to get the feel of it. Anything beyond that, such as whether to play a tune along one row or across the rows and what basses to play, will be covered by the tutor during the workshop.

Nobody is expected to know any of the tunes perfectly before they arrive, just to have a rough idea of them. As the workshops unfold, the way in which you play the tunes will alter, so it is a positive advantage not to have a particular way of playing them entrenched in your mind.

If you feel the need for further advice about this or any other aspect of Melodeons in Wensleydale, feel free to post here or to PM me.

We look forward to meeting you in May.

Bob Ellis
(Course Director: Melodeons in Wensleydale)

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2019, 04:19:53 PM »

A room has become available at the Fountain Hotel, where we will be holding the pub sessions, because somebody has had to withdraw through ill health. All the rooms there were booked out to people on the course in the hope that we wouldn't get any complaints about the noise from the session from people trying to sleep overhead (although the sessions will finish at 11.30 pm).

I have reserved the room that has become available so that it doesn't go to anybody outside the course. If anybody would like it, please contact me in the first instance rather than the Fountain. It is a double room and I can provide further details if you PM me. The room could go to somebody already booked on the course or to somebody who hasn't booked yet because there are still a handful of places left.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2019, 10:38:28 AM »

The room at the Fountain has now been taken.

Only four places left on the course, so, if you want one, I suggest you book quickly.

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2019, 03:39:44 PM »

Unfortunately, due to injury (knee issues) I am unable to make it to Wensleydale. Very sorry to let you all down and rather annoyed!

Enjoy a great weekend doing what you love - namely  :||: :|||:

Nick
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2019, 09:48:36 PM »

With sympathies to Nick (I had to pull out last year with tinnitus), I've now pounced on his place and accommodation. So I shall be with those at Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019. Vicky - I would of course have chosen your mini workshop, but it's booked up. Hope to catch up there none the less.
In a week where holidays have fallen through and the boiler has broken this is a little bit of sunshine to cling to.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 08:43:43 PM by playandteach »
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »

It is a shame that Nick and one or two others have had to pull out due to health problems. There are still a couple of places left, so it's not too late if anyone else fancies a weekend of squeezing in beautiful Wensleydale!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal