Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019  (Read 16619 times)

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2019
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2019, 10:52:07 PM »

Just spent the evening looking at B1 and A2 music for Pascale and Toon's sessions. Looking forward to them. I might be stretching skills by taking two sessions on different key boxes.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Eshed

• Respected Sage
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2019, 11:11:27 PM »

Just spent the evening looking at B1 and A2 music for Pascale and Toon's sessions. Looking forward to them. I might be stretching skills by taking two sessions on different key boxes.
It's better to stretch your skills than leave them idle.
Do you have a Hohner from 1934-1945 with a serial number on?
Send me a private message or comment on the German Accordion Problem spreadsheet to improve the statistics of the project and get an estimate of the production date of the box if it is not known.

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2019, 07:40:41 AM »

Yep - stretching is good. If I had a half decent G/C box I would probably have chosen workshops differently, but I'm really looking forward to progressing some tunes I already play (or more realistically mangle !) towards some form of musicality...The Naragonia dots are just the bare bones of their wonderful music.
Digressing, I have to say I am wondering about a drastic restructuring of my box collection (- do I actually need a Giordy and could I just use a decent pokerwork -as I used to do, instead of the Dino for morris ?) thereby freeing up cash for a good G/C. And I suspect there will be someone at MinW who'd be happy to supply if I only had the dosh !

J

Old Bones Dance Band

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2019, 08:13:34 AM »

You might not need to spend as much as you think for a nice GC.  I will have a very nice 1930s Hohner GC for sale that I renovated last year.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Phil Howard

• Regular debater
    • Red Cuthbert Morris
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2019, 09:35:25 AM »

Me too - and with an MSc exam yesterday I've scarcely looked at the music as yet (at least I've given it a good listening to though  :D).

Having enjoyed your posts on here, I'll look forward to finally putting a face to the name.

playandteach

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2019, 06:30:28 PM »

Thanks, I'm always nervous of actually being heard playing, but I'll get over it. See you soon.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2019, 02:08:10 PM »

I'll be doing minor repairs and alterations during the weekend. 

If you know in advance that you have a job for me please get in touch so I can make sure I bring the right parts and tools.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2019, 03:39:47 PM »

And I suspect there will be someone at MinW who'd be happy to supply if I only had the dosh !

J
[Oh,I think I can helpout with that,I have a nice GC selling for a customer and several Castagnaris in GC which may just wander up to Hawes  :D/quote]
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2019, 09:27:52 PM »

Is there a session in the Fountain on Friday night as well as Saturday? (please)
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

Tufty

• Dino Bincis etc
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2019, 09:40:48 PM »

I will be there looking for a session on Friday night!

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2019, 09:59:31 PM »

There will be a session led by Brian Read in the Fountain Hotel on Friday afternoon from 15:00 to 17:00 for those who have arrived by then. There will also be a session in the Dales Countryside Museum on Friday evening from 20:00 to 22:00 (bring your own liquid refreshment!) and a continuation for those who wish in the Fountain from 22:15 to 23:30. What more could anyone want?

Final e-mail instructions will be sent out tomorrow to all who have booked on the course. If you have booked and do not receive an e-mail, please let me know.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2019, 11:25:15 PM »

Hope you all have a wonderful time. So sorry I can't be with you this year. I shall be especially sad to miss Toon and Pascale of Naragonia...
Well done to Bob and Brian for organising it again.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2019, 12:37:36 AM »

We'll miss you, Steve!
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »

Wishing everyone a really good weekend.
  _       _    _      _ 

Tufty

• Dino Bincis etc
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2019, 05:45:48 PM »

Just back from Hawes. Congratulations to Bob and the team for sorting out the weekend. Very well organised! Now I need to go for a lie down, my brain hurts :Ph

playandteach

« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2019, 07:35:35 PM »

Sorry I didn't put faces to names this weekend: I've come away without building those links, but have met some great people.
I cannot quite believe what a deeply rewarding weekend this was. I had workshops with Pascale and Toon, (and Vicky), and then sat close to them for the evening performance. I wasn't very sociable after that concert as I just wanted to preserve the wonder of it rather than talking it out of my memory. Drove all the way home without the radio on, just considering things I can do next.
I also tried a wonderful Castagnari 1914 (thanks, Pete), but as the boiler has been replaced at home I'm going to have to think of new ways to afford a new box. Pascale also suggested a 3 row box, after our workshop.
I realise my post is a stream of consciousness, but I was completely stopped in my tracks by how moving the weekend was.

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2019, 08:45:07 PM »

A great weekend - wonderfully organised by the team. Thanks all !
Excellent workshops, stunning performances in the concert,fun sessions, perfect venue, meeting old (and new) friends...
And of course opportunities to drool over the instruments on Pete and Theo's stalls.
I'm already looking forward to next years event.

Julian
Old Bones Dance Band

Scobarandbar

• Good talker
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2019, 09:05:04 PM »

Thank you to Bob and Brian.  What a great weekend. 

Loved listening to Saul and Naragonia at the concert on Saturday night.  First time I have heard either live and all of the workshops I went to were also completely inspiring.

Of course it was all helped with stunning weather.  I knew Bob would deliver the sun....

Teresa Thorne

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »

Thank you Bob for a fantastic week end of Melodeons at Wensleydale, a stunning location.
The Workshops were excellent. An inspiration.. Enjoyed the Saturday evening Concert it was all over too quickly.
The week end had a wonderful atmosphere. It was lovely meeting old and new friends too.  :||:
Thanks to Pete for the opportunity try out an instrument or two!

With best wishes T

Phil Howard

• Regular debater
    • Red Cuthbert Morris
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »

Sorry I didn't put faces to names this weekend

Ditto - though I spotted you, and enjoyed your solo improv in Pascale's workshop whilst I was trying to get my fuddled brain to keep up :-)

Lots to come to terms with from the weekend to get techniques into practice, and think about what & how I want to play in future!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal