Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Sale: Hohner Club V (D/G)  (Read 403 times)

JD

• Regular debater
For Sale: Hohner Club V (D/G)
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:37:30 AM »

I am selling a Hohner Club V with a gold sparkle finish. I bought this from Nils Neilsen in 1985. It was in C/F but he offered to convert it to D/G and I was hooked. The box does not have straps but will come with a soft case. The case is actually for a 48 Bass PA and is slightly too big but it's the best fit I ever found for this box.
The Club V has three sets of treble reeds, MMM. I don't know what tuning offset Nils used in terms of cents. There are pictures and a couple of short sound clips here .
£300 plus P&P. I'm in North London. If anyone would like to arrange to see the box or ask for any further information please send a PM.

JD

• Regular debater
Re: For Sale: Hohner Club V (D/G)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:08:22 AM »

Just to clarify, the treble end of this box is declubbed. The four buttons in the helper row are the same as the highest four buttons in the Club D/G layout on the "2.5 Row and Club" page on Melnet. The bass end is not declubbed so has F bass and chord on the pull instead of C bass and chord.

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »

Sounds Elegant.. I'm not sure of the size for this box the pictures and the color makes it look like a preciosa size. in the posted pictures it looks small but I know it's only perception as you do clarify this is a full size box in the picture comments.
Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

JD

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 03:47:17 PM »

If my photographs have made the Club V look like a Preciosa then I must be a worse photographer than I thought!

Its height and width are slightly more than a Club II (about half an inch). Its depth (ie front to back) is about 2 inches more than a Club II to allow for the extra bank of reeds.

triskel

• Learning all the time...
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 04:38:25 AM »

If my photographs have made the Club V look like a Preciosa then I must be a worse photographer than I thought!

;D :D ;D

It is hard to judge the size from a photo though, if there's nothing to compare it with, and especially confusing when the slightly later 1930's Club V model (like the one I bought off Jimmy a couple of weeks ago) is a 3-voice MMM "ladies' model" that's 1cm. smaller than a pokerwork... :-\

JD

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 10:59:34 AM »

Sale pending.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.