Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And now for something completely different ....  (Read 1897 times)

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
And now for something completely different ....
« on: March 31, 2018, 08:58:09 PM »

.... at the end of April a local recorder group are planning to start a baroque music group, playing  four part harmonies. Lutes, early music instruments and   ;D melodeons welcome  ;D :|||:   the friendly souls have asked me along as they love the resonant bases of the Liliputs and the rich treble notes .... (thanks to Theo who restored them  ;D)
 I've posted today as if I left it until tomorrow it might be thought an April Fools joke  (:)
 Will report back at the end of the month on how it goes  :|||:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:25:30 PM by AnnC »
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Re: And now for something completely different ....
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:52:25 PM »

Have they got the full recorder range? There were only three in our house when I was growing up - Sopranino, Descant and Treble,  since as I was a boy, I didn't have the right  physical qualifications to get recorder lessons at school. My Dad could probably not have afforded a bass recorder anyway! Sounds fun.  ;D
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 06:54:39 PM »

Sounds fun.  ;D

It was fun  ;D Three sizes of recorder, soprano, alto and tenor, a cittern, an autoharp and D/G Lilliput with C/G Anglo as backup. The tunes, played in either three or four part harmony, were Gathering Peascods, a BourĂ©e, a 16th c Bransle and a Breton dance tune, the melodeon fitted in really well both joining in on the melody line or being used with single bass notes as a drone under the higher pitched instruments  :|||: ;D ..... next week Steve the leader is thinking of doing some tunes from the time of Henry VIII  (:)

modified to add the newspaper advertisement as requested by Steve the group leader ...... he likes melodeons  ;D

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:51:35 PM by AnnC »

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 09:03:50 PM »

(:) .... the list of tunes now includes Pastime with good company, Gaillarde d'Ecosse, Bass Dance and Cuckoo's Nest  :|||:    ......... tea and buns provided as an incentive  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal