News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ECMW  (Read 1530 times)

Mike Carney

• In sunny Sheffield
ECMW
« on: June 24, 2018, 09:19:19 PM »

Just come back from a really fab weekend of (mostly)English tunes in Abbots Bromley. Warmly recommend the experience to anyone wanting to really be immersed in tunes and play with some top musicians. I think you will find it inspirational to go to this, whatever your level of experience.
Next year rumour has it our own Brian Read will be involved in the organizing..I am sure he will publicize here. And, not least,we had a wonderful talk from Smiley of this parish on the music of the Australian melodeonist Sally Sloane.
Thanks to all those who put it on this year.
Mike
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:21:42 PM by Mike Carney »

Choonz

• Good talker
Re: ECMW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 10:59:48 PM »

Just like to echo Mike's post.  This is the first time I have been to ECMW and really enjoyed the weekend.  My head is spinning with great tunes that I want to learn.  Thank you to everyone who organized it and lead sessions.

The ECMW torch was handed to Brian Read in true Olympic style but substituted with loo rolls, to go forth and organize the 2019 event in Croston, Lancashire.  IMHO it will be a 'gradely do' ;D

David J

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 01:55:30 PM »

And me. I really enjoyed the flat session Brian. Nice to be able to hear what I was playing without all the 'heavy brass' to compete with  ;D
Luukinen Elene III, Baffetti Binci, and an increasing number of Hohners

Spectacled Warbler

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »

Superb weekend.   Sadly I missed the Eb/Bb session, looking forward to next year already!   Good for you, Brian, for taking on next year's do.   

Joy

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 03:24:54 PM »

Superb weekend.   Sadly I missed the Eb/Bb session, looking forward to next year already!   Good for you, Brian, for taking on next year's do.   

Thanks for the plaudits.  Best wait until you see what a mess we can make of it!!

The current information (such as it is) is on http://ecmw.org.uk Join the mailing list if you want to be kept up to date.
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal