Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: North East Melodeon Group  (Read 491 times)

Nigel

• Regular debater
North East Melodeon Group
« on: June 27, 2018, 02:16:55 PM »

Our next session is this Monday 2 July from 1900 to 2200 hrs. The venue is St Dominic’s Catholic Club, Crawhall Road, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2BX. Players of all types of boxes and abilities are welcome.

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
Re: North East Melodeon Group
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »

Last month was great; with a new lady member! We're ever only a few, but some good nights have been had. Come along and see, you might just enjoy it.
Although I can carry on messing with melodeons, the ongoing attention of the Ministry of Truth and the Thought Police will (no doubt) eventually teach me to really love Big Brother!

Nigel

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:44:30 PM »

We will hold the next session (Monday 5 November) at the Fox and Hounds, Coalburns, Ryton NE40 4JN at 1930 -2130 hrs. We're in the North but have changed the venue. Eshed will be joining us before setting off to walk Hadrians Wall the next morning, camping on the way. He's braver than many in't North 
We'll plan to run some sessions in the South in 2019.

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 09:51:15 PM »

Is that the "Deep South", Nigel; like Darlington or some other strange land?
Although I can carry on messing with melodeons, the ongoing attention of the Ministry of Truth and the Thought Police will (no doubt) eventually teach me to really love Big Brother!

Nigel

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »

Yes, it's that far South but not in the real South, such as Leeds. I once saw a map which divided Great Britain into the North, Midlands and South - Leeds was in the Midlands. A good wind up, eh.
I once watched Carlisle v Leeds football game (no love between those supporters) when a
Leeds guy fell over (he was diving) and feigned injury. The Carlisle lot chanted "soft southerners".
Winston - we are thread creeping!   

playandteach

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 10:57:16 PM »

It's one of those annoying things, I have a table tennis match on in Whitley Chapel that night. So close to the venue, but can't be in two places at once. We won't finish before 10pm. Good luck with the venue and the evening.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Castagnari Sander DG
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.