Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: North East Melodeon Group  (Read 7881 times)

Nigel

• Respected Sage
North East Melodeon Group
« on: June 27, 2018, 02:16:55 PM »

Our next session is this Monday 2 July from 1900 to 2200 hrs. The venue is St Dominic’s Catholic Club, Crawhall Road, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2BX. Players of all types of boxes and abilities are welcome.

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
Re: North East Melodeon Group
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »

Last month was great; with a new lady member! We're ever only a few, but some good nights have been had. Come along and see, you might just enjoy it.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:44:30 PM »

We will hold the next session (Monday 5 November) at the Fox and Hounds, Coalburns, Ryton NE40 4JN at 1930 -2130 hrs. We're in the North but have changed the venue. Eshed will be joining us before setting off to walk Hadrians Wall the next morning, camping on the way. He's braver than many in't North 
We'll plan to run some sessions in the South in 2019.

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 09:51:15 PM »

Is that the "Deep South", Nigel; like Darlington or some other strange land?
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »

Yes, it's that far South but not in the real South, such as Leeds. I once saw a map which divided Great Britain into the North, Midlands and South - Leeds was in the Midlands. A good wind up, eh.
I once watched Carlisle v Leeds football game (no love between those supporters) when a
Leeds guy fell over (he was diving) and feigned injury. The Carlisle lot chanted "soft southerners".
Winston - we are thread creeping!   

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 10:57:16 PM »

It's one of those annoying things, I have a table tennis match on in Whitley Chapel that night. So close to the venue, but can't be in two places at once. We won't finish before 10pm. Good luck with the venue and the evening.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »

Our next session is scheduled for Tuesday 18th December (not 3 December) from 1900 to 2200 hrs at St Dominic’s Catholic Club, Crawhall Road, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2BX.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
North East Melodeon Group - Next session on 28 February
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 11:31:04 PM »

Folks.
We now have 2 sessions being run within our Group - in the North and South both on  a monthly basis. 

The next Southern Session will be held on Thursday 28 February from 7-10 at pm at the Britannia Inn, 1 Archer St, Darlington DL3 6LR. Please contact Janice - jervaulx@me.com - if you need a lift from the Railway Station.
At the first session, we agreed that a slow and steady element for relatively new starters would be held at 7-8 pm in order to learn a new tune. More expert players could join us from 8 pm onwards.
We'll learn Rogues March (dots are given in our facebook page "North East Melodeon Group") in the slow session next Thursday. Our own Bob Ellis and Mel Biggs give us examples in www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8SypNJG3mk and www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KZb4lu_b1o
Subsequently, we'll play this tune, Shepton Mallet (learnt last time) and look at other tunes to learn in the future.

playandteach

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 09:04:07 PM »

I'm not clear from the last post when the next north event is, and whether there is a tune or two set for that. I'll try to get there, if at all possible, now that I'm playing again.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
Re: North East Melodeon Group - Northern session this Thursday
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »

We'll hold the Northern session on Thursday 7 March (7-10pm) at our usual venue - St Dominic’s Catholic Club, Crawhall Road, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2BX.

Stuart will lead Polperro Bay – dots attached. This is a recording of Ollie – the composer. www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOXWJdvbX4

Afterwards, we’ll reinforce learning of Shepton Mallet led by Janice.

playandteach

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 10:27:40 PM »

Thanks for the evening. Good to see other people with similar interests.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 07:44:17 PM »

The next Southern Session will be held on Thursday 28 March from 7-10 at pm at the Britannia Inn, 1 Archer St, Darlington DL3 6LR. Please contact Janice - jervaulx@me.com - if you need a lift from the Railway Station.
A slow and steady element for relatively new starters would be held at 7-8 pm in order to learn a new tune. More expert players could join us from 8 pm onwards.
We'll learn Captain Lanoe's Quick March - see attached dots etc - in the slow session.
Subsequently, we'll play this tune, Rogues march and Shepton Mallet (learnt last time) and look at other tunes to learn in the future.
I want to travel by train but will drive if anyone from the North wants to car share.
See you
Nigel

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 07:36:04 AM »

The next Southern Session will be held on Thursday 25 April from 7-10 at pm at the Britannia Inn, 1 Archer St, Darlington DL3 6LR. Please contact Janice - jervaulx@me.com - if you need a lift from the Railway Station.
A slow and steady element for relatively new starters will be held at 7-8 pm in order to learn a new tune. More expert players could join us from 8 pm onwards.
As suggested by Mary, we'll learn Salmon Tails in the slow session. Please PM me if you want the dots. This is the video from Mel Biggs -  www.youtube.com/watch?v=WunY2cN7jOU
Subsequently, we'll play Captain Lanoes, Rogues march and Shepton Mallet and look at other tunes to learn in the future.
Ed and I will travel by car from Gateshead. Northerners - please confirm if you want a lift.
See you
Nigel

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 09:01:12 PM »

Hi Everyone
We'll hold the Northern session on Thursday 2 May (7-10pm) at our usual venue - St Dominic’s Catholic Club, Crawhall Road, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2BX.
Janice has sent the attached dots for Inisheer - please PM me for a copy. Afterwards, we’ll reinforce learning of Polperro Bay and Shepton Mallet.   

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 08:17:43 PM »

The next Southern Session will be held on Thursday 21 November (7-10 pm) at our usual venue - Britannia Inn, 1 Archer St, Darlington DL3 6LR.

The next Northern session will be held on Thursday 28 November (7-10 pm ) at our usual venue – St Dominics Social Club, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2BX.

We'll practice some carols in preparation for our sessions in December. This will include Halsway Carol.
Please PM me for information about the materials.   

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »

Hi Folks,
The next 3 sessions are:-
* Darlington this Thursday 30/1.
* Newcastle on Wednesday 5/2. Please note that the venue is The Fox and Hounds, Coalburns, NE40 4JN.
* Darlington on Thursday 27/2

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 01:16:36 PM »

Hi Folks,
The invitation to the session tonight (10 April(8pm)) is at the bottom of this email - just click (or copy and paste into google) the link at "Join Zoom Meeting". 
We agreed to return to the old format where one of us teaches the others a tune in each session. So far, we have the following tunes (but everyone will have a chance to teach their tune over the weeks/months ahead):-.
Nigel - Rue de Pres
Lesley - Valse Ollu
Ray - Theme Vanataise
Pete - Bonny at Morn
                      Ollie - South Wind

Peter volunteered to do Bonny at Morn this Friday. Please PM me if you want the dots. I'll send some links to videos if you wish but this is very much Peter's show!
We'll also play some other well known tunes and perhaps have a few Friday night drinks!

Mels next workshop will be next Friday (17/4) followed by our session. For information, she's doing a re-run of the Lounge Bar for another set of members on Tuesday.

Cheers
Nigel

ZOOM INVITATION

Nigel Brace is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NE Melodeon Group - Virtual Session on Friday 10 April
Time: Apr 10, 2020 08:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/570764952?pwd=NW5xZWhrcXljWFp6T3FvZVpXelMwUT09

Meeting ID: 570 764 952
Password: 032391

Wicked Lady

• Dino Baffetti Art 86, Castagnari Tommy, BP2
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »

That sounds really good Nigel and I will try to join you! Especially seeing as we won't be meeting at Wensleydale.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 04:16:51 PM »

WE'RE HANGING IN THERE!

VIRTUAL SESSION this FRIDAY 17 April at 830pm.

Hello Folks,
This session starts at a later time to adjust for Mel's workshop. We'll revert to 8pm start in the future.
Olly will lead this one and his tune is South Wind. Please PM me if you want the dots.
Peter. Now that we know the melody it would be nice if you would like to develop the rhythm after Olly does his bit.
To join us, please use the link below at *Join Zoom Meeting".

Topic: North East Melodeon Group Virtual Session - 15 April at 830pm
Time: Apr 17, 2020 08:30 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/72263698459?pwd=RjM1NTZGd2UwajRod2FlRWozTi8yQT09

Meeting ID: 722 6369 8459
Password: 012857

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 06:56:59 PM »

Virtual Session on Friday 24 April at 8pm
Hi Folks,
Please see your invitation below.
Ray will lead the tune for this week - Theme Vannetaise. Please pm me for dots and musescore.
These details will also be emailed to members. Please pm me for dots and musescore, if you do not receive my email.
No other notices will be sent through zoom.
Here is your invitation
Topic: NE Melodeon Group Virtual Session on Friday 24 April at 8pm
Time: Apr 24, 2020 08:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85750346706?pwd=MTVXZThlUFQrUEpDaEhRMWh3RWNSUT09
Meeting ID: 857 5034 6706
Password: 001477
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal