Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C/F notation  (Read 1534 times)

Jeremy Burnett

• Regular debater
C/F notation
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:28:57 AM »

Has anyone got a diagram showing the notes on the stave for a C/F melodeon as exists on the forum for DG?

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
Re: C/F notation
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 11:30:52 AM »

Has anyone got a diagram showing the notes on the stave for a C/F melodeon as exists on the forum for DG?

I have never seen one. As far as I know, no one has ever posted one. It would be easy enough to make one, but very fiddly and would take a bit of time.

[Edit: I've just worked out an easier (and quicker) way to do it. If no one has one, already, and you need it I can do it for you later. Need to know the layout, though]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:40:17 AM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »

This is just one of the many things you'll find in Ed Rennie's forthcoming C/F tutor book. I realise that might be overkill but should you be in need of such a thing it'll be out in a few weeks.
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Jeremy Burnett

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »

Its not too urgent.It will be interesting to see how a C/F specific book is different.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 03:05:10 PM »

Here you go.

I've done a diagram for my CF Hohner (been thinking about it anyway).

Let me know if yours is different. easy to edit now.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Jeremy Burnett

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »

Thanks very much. This should sort me out.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 09:26:30 PM »

Thanks very much. This should sort me out.

S'OK. Bear in mind it's low notes layout. Real reason I did it is 'cos I fancied the challenge. I'll do accidentals if anyone cares. [Edit: Thanks to Lester for the templates.]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:28:50 PM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith

Bodgeon

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 02:08:55 PM »

How do you actually include the notes on stave on these diagrams? Ive tried this for myself but only with photocopy and cut n’ paste. If it a trade secret I admire the skill of the person who did it!

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 04:59:57 PM »

How do you actually include the notes on stave on these diagrams? Ive tried this for myself but only with photocopy and cut n’ paste. If it a trade secret I admire the skill of the person who did it!

This is one I made for the forum  a few years ago. There's no easy way to do it for this format, except by copying and pasting.
http://www.forum.melodeon.net/files/site/DGwithStave.pdf

In this example, I made an ABC file of the 'tunes' containing the notes which I wanted and including the key signatures of G major and D major.
I then saved the ABC output as a jpg file. Then, using Photoshop (but any image-editing software would do) I selected and copied the required individual sections of the stave and then pasted the sections on to a PDF or jpg file of the keyboard layout, positioning the pasted sections into their required place.

It's a bit fiddly but it works.

Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 07:10:56 PM »

I made an abc file with the F notes on one line and the C notes on another, in landscape, using MCMusiceditor (free).
I exported to pdf in Adobe Acrobat Reader (free)
I took a snapshot of the pdf (option comes up under edit)
The snapshot becomes your copied file.
I opened a saved copy of Lester's CF low notes jpg in Paint.net. (A free open source program, very similar to Paint Shop Pro).
I increased the canvas size to make space (thank you Lester, for these great resources).
I pasted the snapshot.
I moved the score lines to their locations above the F keys and below the C, aligned left.
I moved the  bits I wanted to the places I wanted them.
I selected the final image and trimmed to selection then saved.
Job done. All fully legal, as far as I know. Not a penny spent on software.
Greg Smith

Bodgeon

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 06:44:04 AM »

Thank you both for those instructions, looks like I can put the glue away!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal