Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zupan, 2-row Irish B/C button accordion  (Read 1480 times)

triskel

Zupan, 2-row Irish B/C button accordion
« on: July 02, 2018, 11:45:21 AM »

Now here's one I never heard of before! :o

Zupan, in Slovenia, are well-known as makers of Steirische harmonikas with helikon-basses, and "folklore" piano accordions, but here's a 2-row, 23-key, 12-bass "Irish B/C button accordion" made by them, "bought in Pennsylvania USA, several years ago", that's for sale on DoneDeal, in Craughwell, Co. Galway, at the moment (usual disclaimers - no connection with seller, etc.): Zupan b/c button accordion

I'm intrigued! ???

pgroff

Re: Zupan, 2-row Irish B/C button accordion
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:57:51 PM »

I remember seeing the pics of this model a couple of years ago, possibly this same example the last time it was for sale.  A rare bird for sure! Before purchasing it, I'd want to try it out. I'd expect it to be made in high quality, but it would be interesting to feel the weight, action, air button and other issues that affect bellows management, because most of Zupan's models are large and designed to be played across the rows without many fast bellows changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal