Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Hohner question  (Read 1281 times)

Pearse Rossa

A Hohner question
« on: July 17, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »

Is this Hohner on ebay likely to be a 3-voice?
If the answer is yes, are the reed blocks interchangable with blocks from the more modern Corso?

triskel

Re: A Hohner question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:52:44 PM »

I was looking at that one with interest myself, but considering it more from the point of view that the grille on it should let the sound out better. (Only I already have a major Hohner project underway at the moment, converting my Club V to C#/D/D#.)

But the size looks to be that of a regular pokerwork (though those were sometimes made in 3-voice in the 1930s), whilst Corso reedblocks would be longer.

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 04:56:40 PM »

Not impossible, I guess, but I'd put money on it being a 2-voice.  Just my personal feeling.....
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »

Difficult with those, I have its twin, but it's Club II with an extra 4 buttons, and I've seen that style of case/grille on other boxes too. However, I'm pretty sure that it will be a 2 voice.

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 05:26:50 PM »

I have one very similar languishing at home, it's a two voice in C/F. Does have a nice clear sound. Will watch the ebay one with interest!
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Pearse Rossa

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 08:09:08 PM »

I had suspected that it might be a 2-voice, seeing as its weight is given as 3.1Kg.

Thanks to all for the replies. Much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal