Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where from can I order diatonic accordion reeds?  (Read 2604 times)

Brian Lanc

Where from can I order diatonic accordion reeds?
« on: July 28, 2018, 03:39:23 AM »

I have had the worst luck finding diatonic accordion reeds.  I contacted one manufacturer in Italy and they said they had a 500 euro minimum, and that I could get their reeds from hohner or gabbanelli.  However I need the low note reeds to replace the accidental reeds at the top of the rows.  Hohner shop does not have reeds that go low enough (A2, C3 for example).  It would be nice if I could find somewhere to get Helikon basses as well, as neither hohner or gabbanelli would have those.  I tried searching for places in Europe but not much luck.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
Re: Where from can I order diatonic accordion reeds?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 04:51:56 AM »

Charlie Marshall http://www.cgmmusical.co.uk/CGM_Musical_Services/Welcome.html should be able hellp with the standard reeds; don't know about helicon bass reeds, though.

Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 04:00:13 PM »

I have had the worst luck finding diatonic accordion reeds.  I contacted one manufacturer in Italy and they said they had a 500 euro minimum, and that I could get their reeds from hohner or gabbanelli.  However I need the low note reeds to replace the accidental reeds at the top of the rows.  Hohner shop does not have reeds that go low enough (A2, C3 for example).  It would be nice if I could find somewhere to get Helikon basses as well, as neither hohner or gabbanelli would have those.  I tried searching for places in Europe but not much luck.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Harmonikas will supply reeds to individuals, including Helikon bass reeds. Don't know if they have a minimum order, you could always ask them:

https://www.harmonikas.cz/en
Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses

Phil B

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:41:21 PM »

I found Charlie Marshall, link in Grahams post, very helpful both for single reeds and full sets

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »

Harmonikas will supply reeds to individuals, including Helikon bass reeds. Don't know if they have a minimum order, you could always ask them:

https://www.harmonikas.cz/en
Harmonikas are excellent and I don’t think they have a minimum order. They are very helpful. They just repaired a couple of Chemnitzer reed plates for me and I have ordered small numbers of reeds from them in the past.

Brian Lanc

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »

Thank you all.  I sent Harmonikas an email a couple weeks back and never got a reply.  Maybe I will have to try again. 

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 07:23:09 AM »

Thank you all.  I sent Harmonikas an email a couple weeks back and never got a reply.  Maybe I will have to try again.

I’m surprised at that. I agree with Rog though. They are normally very good communicators. They may be closed for the holidays of course.
  I had a set of stainless steel reeds made for my Organette and they got the reed plate wrong by putting all the reeds on one side of the plate (they should for diatonic be on alternate sides) they were extremely apologetic and almost by return of post sent the correct plates.... and very good they are too.
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »

Um..I think they are quite busy. It’s true they didn’t reply to one of my requests so I sent it again with tracking to let me know when they opened it and they got back to me with apols. I sent them the reed plates and I had them back in two weeks!  Just keep trying. Sometimes their comms are a bit patchy. The factory was closed for a week late June or thereabouts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal