Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pallet facing from Charlie Marshall - be aware of possible faulty batch.  (Read 811 times)

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping

Let me say right up front that this is in no way intended to be critical of Charlie Marshall nor his excellent service. Quite the opposite in fact.

I recently bought some pallet facing material from Charlie - the composite red felt on Persian leather. I've done this many times before and never had a problem with it.

However, on this particular batch, once I'd glued the facing to the pallets in the usual way and separated the individual pallets using a sharp blade, some of the leather started to peel away from the felt. It seemed as if the glue holding the leather and felt together was a bit sparse and patchy in some places while other areas were fine. But about half the set of pallets were affected. The remedy was easy - just a thin smear of solvent-free contact adhesive slid between the leather and the felt in the affected places using a thin blade, then gentle pressure for a short while.

I notified Charlie straight away so that he could check his other stock. I emphasised that I wasn't complaining but just wanted to inform him of a potential problem. But gentleman that he is, he immediately offered me a full refund or a replacement sheet of facing. I declined gracefully as I'd already re-glued the loose sections of the facing.

So - if you've recently bought some of the composite facing from Charlie, it's worth having a check to see if the leather/felt join is sound. If not, either use some contact adhesive to reattach the faulty areas or else contact Charlie and I'm sure he will offer a replacement or a refund without hesitation. He's a good guy.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

mselic

Thanks for the heads up, Steve. I’ve just recently bought some of the same material and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I check it when it does. I agree that Charlie’s service is excellent - the absolute best!
C#/D Serenellini 233, Manfrini, Saltarelle Irish Bouebe, and a few HA114s
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal