Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Melnet Badges  (Read 7063 times)

Robin Tims

• Good talker
Re: Melnet Badges
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »

and a couple for me as well please.

Rob
Castagnari Clovis D/G. Irish Conc Co 'Eiru' C/G. Wheatstone Aeola 48b English Treble. Weltmeister Rubin 60 Bass P. Accordion.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 05:58:35 PM »

I'm slightly confused. Who is going to be making the badges? You really need the higher resolution artwork, especially if you are going for the larger size (55 mm) badge. Let me know your e-mail address by PM and I'll send you the hi-res image. (the file size, 700 kb, is too large to post as an attachment on this forum).
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 06:33:35 PM »

Well, I offered to get them made. and others seem keen for me to follow it up. I think you must have missed my posts, Steve. I'll pm you.

Edit. I think the man formerly known as Edward confused the issue by crediting Nigel with my offer.

Anyone who wants one (or more), pm me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:45:45 PM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »

Well, I offered to get them made. and others seem keen for me to follow it up. I think you must have missed my posts, Steve. I'll pm you.

Edit. I think the man formerly known as Edward confused the issue by crediting Nigel with my offer.

Badge artwork now sent!
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »

Sorry Greg, I didn't men to try to muscle in! It's just that when Nigel said "volunteer to collect the orders" I took it to mean (well!) that he'd do it. (Collect the orders, that is, nothing more.)
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 08:24:29 PM »

;D
You ever played Chinese whispers.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »

Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 08:34:17 PM »

Best way I can work this out is:

1.  pm me what you  want, so I a) get a count of how big a batch to get made, b) can give you my address.
2. I'll get some made.
3. When they're made I'll post to let you know.
4. Send me a stamped addressed envelope with small change enclosed (probably 50p ish).
I'll send your badge return of post.
Greg Smith

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 08:35:39 PM »

Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance

SJ

That's uncannily close to what I suggest.
Greg Smith

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »

PM sent.

Martin P

• Respected Sage
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 11:47:02 PM »

Having started this thread, I better pledge for at least two badges. Ta whoever.

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 01:11:04 AM »

"To you! From me!" How did the Chuckle Brothers be so funny without rude bits?  ;D

Back to subject: I've just PM'd Greg. I had two of the original stickers, one on a fiddle case and the other on my holiday hold suitcase. Very easy to find the case on the airport merry-go-round!

Chris B.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »

"To you! From me!" How did the Chuckle Brothers be so funny without rude bits?  ;D

Chris B.

Ha! But to name a few.... Tommy Cooper. Ken Dodd, Bill Bailey, Cannon and Ball and many more.  8)
Anyway I digress. I’ve got stickers somewhere but metal badges sound brilliant.
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Roger Hare

• Urmston, Lancashire, U.K.
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2018, 08:31:15 AM »

They were proper metal badges with the usual safety-pin type sharp prong on the back They were circular, 36 mm diameter with the oval badge design on a white circular background. I'll try to post a photo soon.

Only just picked up this thread...

If folks want to make their own badges in this style, a good place to track down a badge-making machine
might be the local student's union, scout troop, school, w.h.y. Such organisations sometimes have these
machines. I made several many years ago (featuring that 'orrible yellow bird that BT used to use in their
'phone advertising campaign(?)).
For more about Manchester Morris, The Beech Band Folk Club or anything else,  please use the private messaging facility.
My (large) ABC Tune Book is here.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2018, 09:17:37 AM »

They were proper metal badges with the usual safety-pin type sharp prong on the back They were circular, 36 mm diameter with the oval badge design on a white circular background. I'll try to post a photo soon.

Only just picked up this thread...

If folks want to make their own badges in this style, a good place to track down a badge-making machine
might be the local student's union, scout troop, school, w.h.y. Such organisations sometimes have these
machines. I made several many years ago (featuring that 'orrible yellow bird that BT used to use in their
'phone advertising campaign(?)).

They are already being made
Greg Smith

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »

"already being made"

Wow! You don't hang about, do you? Well done.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2018, 05:25:20 PM »

"already being made"

Wow! You don't hang about, do you? Well done.

Already in hand might be a more accurate description of progress. Martyn, the maker, doesn't get back from Avebury until tonight  :D

Greg Smith

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2018, 09:25:51 PM »

I'll take a couple too Greg if I haven't missed the bus. Just back from Sidders where I had no chance to check melnet threads. PM sent.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:39:37 PM by vof »
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »

"they came from furrin pairts."

What, like south of the Tyne?
I thought you did live south of the Tyne Edward - and sometimes well east of that river too! Given Sir John's location, he more likely meant south of the Tweed  ;)
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2018, 09:48:19 PM »

South of Inverness more like

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal