Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown melodeon  (Read 5932 times)

Andrew Kennedy

• Regular debater
    • About Sword Dancing
Unknown melodeon
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »

Does anybody recognise this? https://www.ebay.de/itm/Handharmonika-diatonisch-2-reihige-Bandonika-4-Loffelbasse-Bauer-Akkordeon/163174019838?hash=item25fdedf2fe:g:WCkAAOSweLBaW5E0
It's described as a Hohner Imperator V, but the Hohner product list attached to melnet gives the Imperator V as a piano accordion.
Any suggestions welcome.
AK

Andrius

• Regular debater
Re: Unknown melodeon
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 10:38:07 AM »

Sometimes people are editing old adds instead of creating new. May be Hohner and Imperator are relics of old add.
Sadly I can not say anything about this instrument except that it is melodeon/accordion and not bandonika for sure.
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 10:43:23 AM »

Does anybody recognise this? https://www.ebay.de/itm/Handharmonika-diatonisch-2-reihige-Bandonika-4-Loffelbasse-Bauer-Akkordeon/163174019838?hash=item25fdedf2fe:g:WCkAAOSweLBaW5E0
It's described as a Hohner Imperator V, but the Hohner product list attached to melnet gives the Imperator V as a piano accordion.
Any suggestions welcome.
AK

There's no mention of a Hohner Imperator V in the current Ebay listing. Perhaps (as Andrius has hinted) the listing has since been edited to remove the reference.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »

Yes, Andrius might have just hit the nail on the head there!
The seller has even left that which says "Pianoakkordeon Imperator V Diskanttasten (treble keys) 41 and HOHNER", so it definitely doesn't accord with the instrument for sale. My inexpert eye can see nothing in the pictures which would lead me to think that it was manufactured by Hohner, but maybe an expert can?
(I've just refreshed the page and that info is still there, Steve.)
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »

Oh, so it is - I missed it in the small(er) print.

It doesn't look like a Hohner, but perhaps Triskel or someone else will tell us otherwise.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

triskel

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 11:32:23 AM »

It doesn't look like a Hohner, but perhaps Triskel or someone else will tell us otherwise.

Nope! :o

Fred

• G/C Pariselle, D/G Loffet & maybe too many Hohners
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 03:34:09 AM »

In the description it says:
Musikinstitut C.A. Bauer Dresden

"Musikinstitut" translates to "institute of music"
"C.A. Bauer" is most definitely the name of a person
"Dresden" is a city in the eastern part of Germany

Maybe that helps someone? Most likely not. :P

Andrew Kennedy

• Regular debater
    • About Sword Dancing
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 02:37:56 PM »

Thanks for all the comments.  There was only ever going to be one way to find out properly, so I've taken a punt and bought it.  I'll continue this when it arrives.

AK

triskel

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 04:58:12 PM »

... I've taken a punt and bought it.  I'll continue this when it arrives.

Goodness, that's very brave of you at the price! :o

It'd be not untypical of a better-quality style of Deutsche Harmonika that was not uncommon in Germany before WW1, but nevertheless it still probably has either "Ajax" (hard brass) or "Neusilber" (nickel-silver) reeds on long plates.

I have one that's somewhat similar (only it has real trumpets, whilst they're dummies on the eBay one), and it's quite a behemoth...

Andrew Kennedy

• Regular debater
    • About Sword Dancing
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 07:19:23 PM »

A fair point, but firstly, I can return it within 14 days if not satisfactory (and it was described as playable, admittedly an elastic concept), and secondly, I've just had two others off German Ebay at very reasonable prices, so in a way I'm ahead of the game.
We'll see.  I've still got to smuggle it into the house.

AK

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »

This title keeps catching my eye.  I’m struck by the need to mark the last resting place of the unknown melodeon.  Perhaps an empty case, q.v. the Cenotaph.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »

This title keeps catching my eye.  I’m struck by the need to mark the last resting place of the unknown melodeon.  Perhaps an empty case, q.v. the Cenotaph.

Just as a point of History Chris, The Cenotaph in Whitehall is not " an empty case" but contains the remains of one anonymous soldier chosen at random to represent all the others killed in wars.

From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,

Andrew Kennedy

• Regular debater
    • About Sword Dancing
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 01:35:25 PM »

Not sure about this.  At the risk of going off-topic with regard to what was a lighthearted comment, cenotaph quite literally means 'empty tomb' in Greek; there is an unknown warrior buried in Westminster Abbey. The melodeon case would be just the thing if something awful had happened.  Like my wife finding out I'd bought another one.

NB: I didn't manage to keep the Sousaphone secret.

AK

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »

Respectfully sorry Henry,  :( but the Unknown Soldier is buried in Westminster Abbey. (I bet you remember that now ... ). A cenotaph is a memorial put up because the person memorialised is buried elsewhere, the empty burial ship at Sutton Hoo was such a memorial. The London Cenotaph was built to remember the dead of the British Empire. Wikipedia does a better job than me here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cenotaph,_Whitehall

Chris B.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 10:20:46 AM »

Respectfully sorry Henry,  :( but the Unknown Soldier is buried in Westminster Abbey. (I bet you remember that now ... ). A cenotaph is a memorial put up because the person memorialised is buried elsewhere, the empty burial ship at Sutton Hoo was such a memorial. The London Cenotaph was built to remember the dead of the British Empire. Wikipedia does a better job than me here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cenotaph,_Whitehall

Chris B.

Absolutely Correct Chris and others !! My apologies I was confusing the two !! ….Now back to the post !!!
From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 10:55:23 AM »

Any suggestions welcome.
AK

So E-bay is doing a really annoying thing and not letting me see the completed listing - instead it shows a similar item it thinks I might like. I do, it's a Hohner one row pressed wood style, but really we have enough melodeons in this house.  Does anyone know how to get around this on E-bay?
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »

...but really we have enough melodeons in this house.  Does anyone know how to get around this on E-bay?
Not sure that Ebay can help you with that, H...

PS scrolling right down to the bottom of the page worked for me.
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »

On the right of the page, is written "Originalartikel ansehen" click on that and it takes you there.
But you then have to scroll down a bit.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 12:43:46 PM »

Photos from add for future, part 1

title:
Handharmonika diatonisch 2 reihige Bandonika 4 Löffelbässe Bauer Akkordeon

description:
Antikes Akkordeon
Musikinstitut C.A. Bauer Dresden

diatonisch

Zweireiher
4 Löffelbässe

Siehe Fotos
schöne Optik

sofort spielbar

Keine Rücknahme, keine Garantie, Privatverkauf
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:55:29 PM by Andrius »
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 12:52:12 PM »

Photos from add for future, part 2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal