Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Towersey  (Read 2234 times)

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
Towersey
« on: August 27, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »

Does Towersey festival have much going on in terms of sessions?

I have been before and remember a session in the beer tent once (or was that a drinking session :D), but spent most of my time running around after the my children. I''m hoping to have a bit more 'me' time this year when the children are doing workshops.

Cheers

Sandy
 (:)

Ellison

• Respected Sage
    • A few tunes here:
Re: Towersey
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »

Hi Sandy
Long time since I used to frequent Towersey but remember sessions on the field and in the local pub.
If you're there on Monday pop over to the dance tent and say hello to me. (Ran Tan Band)
Cheers
Martin

Simon W

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »

Does Towersey festival have much going on in terms of sessions?

I have been before and remember a session in the beer tent once (or was that a drinking session :D), but spent most of my time running around after the my children. I''m hoping to have a bit more 'me' time this year when the children are doing workshops.

The sessions do seem to be in the beer tent or if the weather is good outside the beer tent on the grass. There's usually a French/Euro session going on as well. I think there are sessions in the Three Horseshoes  but don't get down there very often - I, too, will be ferrying my children to workshops and probably staying with the youngest so don't envision much playing!

Simon

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:24:12 AM »

Hi Sandy
Long time since I used to frequent Towersey but remember sessions on the field and in the local pub.
If you're there on Monday pop over to the dance tent and say hello to me. (Ran Tan Band)
Cheers
Martin

Thanks for that.  Wonder if I will get to hear Herbert the Sherbert  ???

The sessions do seem to be in the beer tent or if the weather is good outside the beer tent on the grass. There's usually a French/Euro session going on as well.

Thanks, would be interested in French/Euro too but I'm not there until tomorrow so hope I don't miss too much.

Cheers

Sandy
 (:)

Simon W

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »

Thanks, would be interested in French/Euro too but I'm not there until tomorrow so hope I don't miss too much.

Most stuff seems to take place on the Saturday and Sunday so I think you'll be fine. We've just had the mother of all hail showers here in Bristol so I'm hoping the weather will improve.
I have a feeling that the Ran Tan ceilidh will be absolutely rammed (so no pressure then Martin)

Simon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal