Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WITNEY SUPERSQUEEZE 16-18 NOVEMBER 2018  (Read 5012 times)

tom f

• Regular debater
WITNEY SUPERSQUEEZE 16-18 NOVEMBER 2018
« on: August 20, 2018, 11:46:08 PM »

Witney Supersqueeze 2018 is now open for booking.  Melodeon tutors are Simon Care, Steve Dumpleton, Katie Howson and Emmanuelle Pariselle.  Details available on the Witney Supersqueeze website.  In addition to melodeons, Supersqueeze also includes concertina and piano accordion players although not necessarily on all workshops.  This seemed to work very well last year.  Rest assured that the Witney melodeon gathering has lost none of it's charms!

Sue

• Good talker
Re: WITNEY SUPERSQUEEZE 16-18 NOVEMBER 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:02:51 AM »

Tutors all look good but I'm waiting to see what the workshops are before booking.
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

Roger Howard

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:12:24 AM »

The outline of the workshops is here:

https://www.davetownsendmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/SS18-UNITS-FINAL.pdf

Lots of attractive options, I would say!  (:)

Roger

G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:28:17 AM »

Thanks.  Just what I needed. I couldn't find it anywhere.
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »

I’ve booked to go.  Paid me money ‘n’ everyfink.  However, I decided which workshops to attend, but found no way to specify on the booking form.  Ho hum, I ‘spect I’ll be getting a request like last year..
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 05:33:09 PM »

I’ve booked to go.  Paid me money ‘n’ everyfink.  However, I decided which workshops to attend, but found no way to specify on the booking form.  Ho hum, I ‘spect I’ll be getting a request like last year..

Recommend anything by Monsieur Pariselle

Geoff P.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 06:01:54 PM »

From the Home Page click on Fees and Booking. Scroll down to the bottom of the fees section and there is a button for Register. A form comes up to fill in your choices, and other stuff. How did you register without seeing it?

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 08:56:43 PM »

Dunno.  I didn’t write the perishing code, I’m just telling you what happened.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 09:50:39 PM »

Rest assured that the Witney melodeon gathering has lost none of it's charms!

'cept it's not a melodeon gathering any more.
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 10:31:52 PM »

From the Home Page click on Fees and Booking. Scroll down to the bottom of the fees section and there is a button for Register. A form comes up to fill in your choices, and other stuff. How did you register without seeing it?

Just revisited.  I have autocomplete enabled on me browser.  For reasons entirely obscure to me it bunged my name into all three workshop choice boxes.  Nowhere on the form does it say that these boxes are for those choices.  Least ways, only if you delete anything in the boxes does text saying that that’s what they’re for come up.  I just noticed my name entered three times, and assumed it was some error, which it is.  I went on to the next page, which was for payment I think, and finished the process expecting to be asked my choices not realising that I had, but in an occult fashion.

I’ve left a message on the contact page of the website.

Choonz

• Good talker
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 09:31:57 AM »

I enrolled and paid without realising the workshop choices had been added.

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »

Recommend anything by Monsieur Pariselle

I’m hoping to go to two of his sessions.

Choonz

• Good talker
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »

Has anyone received their advanced music for this years Supersqueeze yet?  Is it late (it should be mid October) or have I been missed out?

nigelr

• Respected Sage
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »

Has anyone received their advanced music for this years Supersqueeze yet?  Is it late (it should be mid October) or have I been missed out?
I heard from a friend a week or so ago that they'd got the email so I nudged Dave Townsend who sent the email to me again - I hadn't got the first one.  Could be worth you doing likewise. N
DB Oakwood Super 2 (D/G), Mory (D/G/Acc), Erika (Bb/Eb) and an HA114 in C

Choonz

• Good talker
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 12:50:49 PM »

Thank you Nigel, :( I have emailed this morning.  Checked spam folder, there is nothing there from previous weeks so looks like I have been missed out. 

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 10:31:01 AM »

Hi
I have just been in touch with Dave Townsend,there are still a few places left so please get in touch if you want to go.

Acorn Instruments will be there with a stall as usual,trading will take place on Sunday.
I will be on site from Friday afternoon,if there is anything you want to try if you are not at the event and live nearby please give me a ring on 01347 811199,this will connect to my mobile.
You can the try instruments in my motorhome.
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Katie Howson

• Regular debater
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 10:54:32 AM »

Talking about motorhomes, does anyone know how wide the gateposts at the school entrance are? Never needed to think about it before ...

Hoping to see lots of melodeon chums there, should be an interesting weekend.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 11:44:22 AM »

Talking about motorhomes, does anyone know how wide the gateposts at the school entrance are? Never needed to think about it before ...

Hoping to see lots of melodeon chums there, should be an interesting weekend.
Hi Katie,
Ask Pete - he gets his motor home in through the gateway. See previous post.

I've attached a screen shot from Google Maps street view. The gateway looks to be about 8 feet wide in old money; perhaps a bit less when the two gates are open and there is the gate thickness to take into accoount.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Katie Howson

• Regular debater
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »

Thanks Steve, my motorhome is 7'6" wide, so could be a close call!

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2018, 01:24:34 PM »

Thanks Steve, my motorhome is 7'6" wide, so could be a close call!
Maybe the best thing to do would be to contact the school and ask for guidance and measurements. It's possible there might be an alternative entrance in to the car park from round the back.
01993 703955
office.4050@henrybox.oxon.sch.uk
https://www.henrybox.oxon.sch.uk/373/contact-details
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal