Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tradmusician Android - how to?  (Read 1174 times)

jez4

• Good talker
    • Monty's Maggot
Tradmusician Android - how to?
« on: August 22, 2018, 02:07:25 PM »

Hi All

Can some kind soul tell me how I can import an abc folder (with many individual tunes within it) into the tradmusician app on my android phone.  I've just ditched apple and tunebook and am stumbling across this digital divide.

thanks
Jerry
Jerry

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Tradmusician Android - how to?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »

what I do is put the up to date file into Dropbox and make sure it is on my phone's Dropbox folder.
Then open Trad. Musician and one option is to 'open from app' and select Dropbox.
cheers
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Roger Hare

• Urmston, Lancashire, U.K.
Re: Tradmusician Android - how to?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 04:56:31 PM »

Alternatively, you may be able to connect your tablet/phone to the PC direct with the USB/microUSB lead and
drag the file(s) across to the tablet. I presume you can do this on a 'phone (I no longer have a 'phone capable
of doing this stuff)? I use a tablet, and with stunning originality, call the directory on my tablet 'ABC'...

If you want to edit the files on the tablet/phone, you'll need to store the ABC files on the built-in storage on the
tablet/phone, not on any demountable memory (featured here a couple of weeks ago).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:18:27 PM by lachenal74693 »
For more about Manchester Morris, The Beech Band Folk Club or anything else,  please use the private messaging facility.
My (large) ABC Tune Book is here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal