Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mel.Net stickers  (Read 5420 times)

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
Mel.Net stickers
« on: August 25, 2018, 12:58:13 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place for this. Theo?

Following up on The Man Formerly Known As Edward's suggestion I have  investigated the practicality of getting Melodeon.net stickers made, to the same pattern as Steve's melnet badges..
I have located a source. The price would work out at, about,  38, plastic, secure but removable adhesive stickers for £5.00, delivered. Payment via plastic fiver in the post.

Given the batch sizes I would need 10 people interested, or 20, or 30, etc..

Anyone?

Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
Re: Mel.Net stickers
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 08:23:58 AM »

Not sure what I'd do with 38 of the little b*****s, but put me down for a sheet, please.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 10:11:36 AM »

Not sure what I'd do with 38 of the little b*****s, but put me down for a sheet, please.

If enough people are interested much smaller batches will be possible, but I can't afford to stand to the balance [Edit: i.e., my wife wouldn't let me] and I don't want 400 of the little perishers, either.
I'll ask a local printer I know if he could manage a smaller batch.

Cost per sheet of eighteen,  from the firm I have contact with, would be be about £1.60 plus delivery (I think that quantity would fit a standard letter). Minimum batch I can buy at the moment is 25 sheets.

I don't care how long it takes to move them, but I haven't got a way of keeping their availability in the public eye so, what didn't go quick would be mine forever.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:16:34 AM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 05:54:12 PM »

[ADMIN]]

Not sure if this is the right place for this. Theo?

Moved to General Discussion with the parallel topic about badges.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »

"what didn't go quick would be mine forever."

Yes, of course they would. But then you'd have more than anyone else in the whole world! Doesn't that appeal to you, even a little? "THE MELODEON.NET STICKER KING" It's a grand title!

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 07:59:18 PM »

(:) put me down for a sheet please, would prefer the sheet of 18 to the 38 but will take one of whatever you end up getting  ;D
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 09:37:16 PM »

(:) put me down for a sheet please, would prefer the sheet of 18 to the 38 but will take one of whatever you end up getting  ;D

PM sent  (:)
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 09:50:27 AM »

Looks like this is dead in the water. Never mind.
Greg Smith

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »

"Looks like this is dead in the water." ?

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 11:11:37 AM »

Need another 22 people to be interested. Maybe Steve has some?
Greg Smith

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »

If you mean me, I don't think I have that sort of number I could sell to, sorry.  :(
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 06:34:51 PM »

If you mean me, I don't think I have that sort of number I could sell to, sorry.  :(

Maybe you could spare a couple for Winston, though?
Greg Smith

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 06:51:14 PM »

Not wishing to tread on anyone's toes (and tell me to bu88er off if I am); but I have a friend who could print some of these if no alternative exists... 
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 06:56:58 PM »

Not wishing to tread on anyone's toes (and tell me to bu88er off if I am); but I have a friend who could print some of these if no alternative exists...

On plastic, or vinyl media that has removable adhesive?
Greg Smith

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 07:08:46 PM »

I will need to confirm, but he has printed stickers before - IIRC vinyl on a peel off backing. Sticks quite well to fabric...
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 08:02:07 PM »

I will need to confirm, but he has printed stickers before - IIRC vinyl on a peel off backing. Sticks quite well to fabric...

What I was looking at were  stickers that could be put on an instrument, etc., (securely) and peeled off after an indefinite period without damaging the surface were attached to.
Greg Smith

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 11:31:36 PM »

They sound interesting, though.
Greg Smith

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 12:00:32 AM »

Not that I would claim any expertise regarding glues, but I have had some experience with vinyl lettering on vehicles and signs. I've successfully removed many vinyl stickers from gloss paintwork, varnished surfaces and plain wood by gentle application of heat from a normal hair dryer.

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »

What I was looking at were  stickers that could be put on an instrument, etc., (securely) and peeled off after an indefinite period without damaging the surface were attached to.
Apologies for not responding sooner - just back at work after the long weekend.
My friend will be back at his desk today as well; unfortunately in a different office for today, but will contact him to see what says (at worst I'll hopefully see him on Friday, so will have answer by the weekend).
He has a large vinyl printer (3' - 4' width IIRC) with the print medium being roller fed, so there are no 'sheets' per se.

Nick

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »

Once again - apologies for the long silence...

Finally managed to get in contact with my friend - he can produce the stickers at about £1.50 per A4 sheet (equivalent); how many he can get on a 'sheet' depends on the size of each sticker.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal