Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ewell (Surrey) sessions  (Read 969 times)

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
Ewell (Surrey) sessions
« on: September 01, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that the Ewell Sessions will be starting again tomorrow. We have two monthly sessions in the village running from September-June each year:

First Sunday of the month you'll find us at the Famous Green Man (upstairs function room) for a steady speed session hosted by me, while the third Sunday sees us at the Wheatsheaf for a session hosted by Alan.

At the Green Man we work with a tune book, compiled collabaratively with our regulars to build repertoire and confidence.  We focus on one new tune as tune of the month and then add this to the tunebook.

Ewell is in Surrey but close to the South West London border, both pubs are close to good road and rail links as well as decent parking.
We welcome players of any acoustic instrument capable of playing in D, G and Em.  Our focus is broadly on English tunes.

First Green Man session is tomorrow night from 7.30pm.

New joint website for both sessions follows shortly... probs when I stop going to so many festivals for the Autumn.  In the meantime we have a Facebook group
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
Re: Ewell (Surrey) sessions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »

See you next month Helena.  Currently doing culture in Northern Italy.  Got the Tommy with me for practice.

Chris
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal